ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BDPK
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by BDPK » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi
Set O postal application ; do you have any idea latest processing time ?thanks

Antipododo
Newly Registered

Post by Antipododo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Antipododo wrote:Hi all,

This forum has been quite useful in putting my mind at ease as to why my application was taking so long to process. My friend applied several years ago and it took 6 weeks, so I was quite stressed as to why mine was taking months. Your posts have helped me be more patient and a tiny bit less worried!

Sadly I had to cancel plans to go home for Christmas due to rising ticket prices over the 4 months, but the risk of booking flights without documents to save some £££ was too high.

I received my letter and documents today (BRP to follow) 134 days after receipt of my documents was signed for. My time line is as follows;

10th July 2015 - Posted application
13th July 2015 - sited Royal Mail confirmation of receipt
14th or 15th July - Received postal letter confirming receipt
16th July - Email from Home Office confirming receipt
17th July - Received Biometrics request and also submitted my biometrics on the same afternoon
17th August - 1st "Under consideration," email received
15th September - 2nd "Under consideration," email received
15th October - 3rd "Under consideration," email received
17th November - 4th "Under consideration," email received

24th November - Confirmation letter and return of documents including passports.

Earlier today I tried to check the Royal Mail Special Delivery Tracker. The site was temporarily down. Unbeknownst to me, it was already on its way to my door!

I applied using SET 0 Forms, after 5 years under an Ancestry visa, with no dependants. My application went to the Durham office, but my Biometrics were sent to Liverpool. I am fully employed and I believe it was a straight forward application, so I hope this puts some applicant's minds at ease that there is currently a rather long processing time. (19 weeks for mine)

Hope this helps! Hang in there!
BRP card arrived today.

Kity19
Newly Registered

Post by Kity19 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi everyone.

I am a over 18 dependents of my dad.
My parents and i sent our ilr postal application on 7th July2015.

Yesterday 24th November, our solicitor told us she had received approval letters from home office saying it has been approved for my dad and his dependents, which should include me yes?
Anyway in that post, it only contains my parents passport and their documents.

Today,25th November. They received their brp card but not me.

Since I am over 18 and filled in a separate form for my ilr as a dependents of my dad, is it normal for home office to send my passport, document, and brp card separately from my parents parcel?

Please reply! I am really worried .

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:40 am

Hi KIty19
I think its normal for UKVI to send yours separate like you said you're over 18 so maybe you will get yours hopefully in the next RoyalMail delivery. But u can still as your solicitor as she knows better than me. My case is the same like yours im also a over 18 dependent and im waiting for mine aswell :D so relax
and yh just want to ask you a thing that where'd you guys sent your documents?. is croydon sheffield durham or liverpool?. thanks

Kity19
Newly Registered

Post by Kity19 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:50 am

Hi ashn013.
Thanks for your reply, I was just worried but it seems like for over 18s dependents will receive their letters and brp card separately.
I am not sure which one but on the approval letter for my parents is said Liverpool. Hope this help.
Have your parents got theirs back too ?

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:20 am

hi Kity19
yeah think so but that brings curiousity isint it?. They should've sent all together..
so injustice, yours gone in the mid of july ineh? and me waiting for mine from june see how patient am I. :D I think mostly cases which are gone to liverpool takes more time, and its literally annoying honestly..
and nah my case is a little different from yours my parents got there last year.. i sent mine this year so yh.. hope to hear good news from you soon..

Kity19
Newly Registered

Post by Kity19 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Yes , they should of just send them altogether in the same parcel ! Yes we sent ours off in 9th July, we got refused once before, this is our second application . What about you?
Yes I've seen others.posting about Liverpool takes longer too. You too! Good things always come to those who wait.

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Woah!! i sent mine on 24th of may actually done with my biometrics right after a month on same date 24th of june and from then all im doing is waiting patiently. and is on its boiling point now. AND YH ITS my first time i sent mine so fingers crossed lets see InshAllah decision will definately be on my side. whats your age on records in UKVI now when you sent your documents? you did paperwork through a solicitor? or yourself if yes any precautions your solicitor. and to you too..

Kity19
Newly Registered

Post by Kity19 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi ahsn013,
I have received my approval letter, passport , brp card and all my supported documents in the same parcel today , but seperate to my parents parcel! I am so relieved right now.

For the first application, I was 19 but it was refused due to lack of some documents from my dad.
For this application,When I sent it off I was 20 and now I am 21.

We did it all paperworks through a solicitor who is a head of department of immigration in their firm which cost us a LOT of money for my family.

For my form, since I am over 18, my supported documents is actually not a lot compared to my parents since my dad is the main applicant. I remember I only handed in the esol b1 test, life in uk test, few bank statements , my work payslips, and a school letter from my high school to prove that I had attended their school throughout the years and also the course ive taken. That's pretty much it for me.

And you? You filled in the paperwork yourself?

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Hi kity19
CONGRATULATIONS then, i must say they really surprised you ineh?. half breath tacking almost.. but anyhow u finally got yours. and yh lack of documents means months delayed or wrong decisions. I wonder what they doing with mine think my caseworker is a drunken man/lady lol she so sluggish. well all my family incl my bro and sis there approval came in a first attempt so im sure about mine it will come ina first attempt and we all did through a solicitor and hes my dad's best frend and he deals most of the cases like this. so yh..
I wish u a very good luck for the future and plz remember me in your prayers..

LANY2012
Newly Registered

Post by LANY2012 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi all,
Just to share the good news

My time line is as follows
Date of posting application 22.08.2015
Acknowledgement letter sent on 03.09.2015
Biometrics given on 05.09.2015
Enquiry by home office about absence received on 14.11.2015
Enquiry by home office about absence replied on 18.11.2015
Biometric and credentials return on 24.11.2015

I received my biometric request letter from liverpool office but the enquiry was from sheffield office.

I am self employed

Kity19
Newly Registered

Post by Kity19 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi ahsn013,

Yes it was a total surprise for me!
Yeah..the first time we waited 6months for a no, it was devastated for all of us. But since all of your family got theirs, there's no reason for you to fail and your solicitor know what's he's doing ! . Good luck to you, I think yours will come to you soon, maybe tomorrow!.you'll never know! As long as you provided all the documents they need then there's no question for you not to get it ! .
Good luck, praying for you!

wafir
Newly Registered

Post by wafir » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi every body

I believe this forum is really useful to enhance experience and exchange info, for myself I applied for ILR set (M). my application timeline as bellow:
17th Aug 2015 - Posted application
18th July 2015 - sited Royal Mail confirmation of receipt
26th or 28th Aug - Received postal letter confirming receipt with bio-metric request letter
29th Aug- Biometrics submitted in the morning
today I received both approval letter and BRP in separate mails.
NO emails......No calls just prayers 8)

I am on part time job and I applied via checking services office, my application processed at Liverpool office taking 3 months and one week exactly, I hope you receive yours soon inshallah....

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:22 am

Hi wafir
Just want to ask you a thing when did you get your delivery? is it in the morning or afternoon. thanks

c.angelo
Newly Registered

Post by c.angelo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:53 pm

MY timeline (under Tier 2 general on a 5 year route via postal service):

19 October - sent application via post with 1 dependant (Set 0 + 1 dependant)
21 October - money debited from my account
28 October - biometrics done; letter received on the same day
13 November - passport and old BRP received with letter stating i would be receiving my passport and old brp as per new policy; with letter dated 9 November - It also states that "my decision letter would be arriving shorty"

now waiting!! :roll: :cry:

I hope there is somebody on this forum with almost the same timeline as me! I would really want to chat with you!!! :)

wafir
Newly Registered

Post by wafir » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:15 pm

ahsn013 wrote:Hi wafir
Just want to ask you a thing when did you get your delivery? is it in the morning or afternoon. thanks
Hello ahsn013,

I received delivery early morning

hood
Newly Registered

Post by hood » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Good evening house

It's been quiet here can we any update please? Has anybody in September that submitted application got anything

Thanks

BDPK
Newly Registered

Post by BDPK » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Applied @ Set(O) Oct.15 /only done Biometric .still waiting farther .
anyone applied set (O) who was got Approval, how long it take basically ?

eclairs

Post by eclairs » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:30 pm

c.angelo wrote:MY timeline (under Tier 2 general on a 5 year route via postal service):

13 November - passport and old BRP received with letter stating i would be receiving my passport and old brp as per new policy; with letter dated 9 November - It also states that "my decision letter would be arriving shorty"

I hope there is somebody on this forum with almost the same timeline as me! I would really want to chat with you!!! :)
Hi there, My application(Set(O) - Tier1 General route) was sent on 22nd Oct, and I am exactly at the same situation where you are now.... just waiting for a decision... PM me if you want to chat...

c.angelo
Newly Registered

Post by c.angelo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:45 am

eclairs wrote:
c.angelo wrote:MY timeline (under Tier 2 general on a 5 year route via postal service):

Hi there, My application(Set(O) - Tier1 General route) was sent on 22nd Oct, and I am exactly at the same situation where you are now.... just waiting for a decision... PM me if you want to chat...

Hi Eclair!

Cool!

Have you received your passport and BRP as well with a letter stating that your decision letter would be arriving shortly?

I can see that the waiting times ranges from 7 weeks minimum to 3 months max (for Tier 2 General at least)

c.angelo
Newly Registered

Post by c.angelo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:10 pm

eclairs wrote:

Oh wow! After replying to you Eclair, went out to go to town and then checked my mailbox! And Voila! All my documents arrived with a letter stating that my ILR is approved and thus my BRP Card would arrive within 7 days!

That in all things, GOD may be glorified!

Thank you Christ! Thank you God! Thank you Padre Pio!

PRAYER really works!!! Total waiting time: 6 weeks and 3 days!

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi everyone..
Has anyone still waiting for ILR they submitted in JUNE?. anyone

sam1893
Newly Registered

Post by sam1893 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:19 pm

ahsn013 wrote:Hi everyone..

Hi
I applied in mid July (ILR - Set(O)) and still waiting.

Regards,
S.

ahsn013
Newly Registered

Post by ahsn013 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:25 pm

sam1893 wrote:

Hi

Regards,
S.
Hi SAM1893
thanks for replying Ohh so iwas right im not alone :? tell me when u had your biometrics and u applied as a dependent visa or what?. also tell me where you send your documents is it croydon, sheffield liverpool where.. thanks

BDPK
Newly Registered

Post by BDPK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:36 pm

ahsn013 wrote:
sam1893 wrote:

Hi

Regards,
S.
Hi SAM1893
thanks for replying Ohh so iwas right im not alone :? tell me when u had your biometrics and u applied as a dependent visa or what?. also tell me where you send your documents is it croydon, sheffield liverpool where.. thanks
Hi

Set (O) , june/july.15 submission . I am sure with in short time u must get your document back with good news .goods luck friends .

Regards
K