ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning Resident Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kumarpriya
Newly Registered

Returning Resident Visa

Post by kumarpriya » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:59 pm

Please could some expert provide view on below situation for applying returning resident visa:

I have lived and work in UK since October 2004 continuously. I work for a multinational company that has offices in UK & India. In September 2013, I came to work in same company office based in India for official work.

In July 2014, my mother who lives in India got ill and had serious health issue. As my father is no more and I am the only support for my mother except for my sister who is married and had commitment for her own family during this time. I did not have any other choice but continue stay in India to support my mother medical treatment. As doctor told me that it will take time for my mother to recover fully, Due to ill health of my mother, I did not had choice but to stay in India, I took intra company transfer from UK to India in July 2014 and currently working for same company in India.

After going through treatment for more than 13 months, now health of my mother has improved, but it had been little more than 2 year outside UK since September 2013 when I came to India for company work.

Now, I want to go back to UK through intra company transfer. Company have offered me job in UK

Due to these exceptional circumstances, what are chances for getting returning resident visa?

Casa

Re: PERMANENT RESIDENTS success chance ?

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:22 pm

kumarpriya wrote:Please could some expert provide view on below situation for applying returning resident visa:

I have lived and work in UK since October 2004 continuously. I work for a multinational company that has offices in UK & India. In September 2013, I came to work in same company office based in India for official work.

In July 2014, my mother who lives in India got ill and had serious health issue. As my father is no more and I am the only support for my mother except for my sister who is married and had commitment for her own family during this time. I did not have any other choice but continue stay in India to support my mother medical treatment. As doctor told me that it will take time for my mother to recover fully, Due to ill health of my mother, I did not had choice but to stay in India, I took intra company transfer from UK to India in July 2014 and currently working for same company in India.

After going through treatment for more than 13 months, now health of my mother has improved, but it had been little more than 2 year outside UK since September 2013 when I came to India for company work.

Now, I want to go back to UK through intra company transfer. Company have offered me job in UK

Due to these exceptional circumstances, what are chances for getting returning resident visa?
With respect, your situation bears no relationship to the subject matter in their thread. Please post this under your own heading in a separate thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Returning Resident Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Post split from where originally posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: Returning resident visa

Post by avjones » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:37 am

You've actually been employed outside the UK for 18 months or so? Can't see that will ever be over looked, as you aren't employed at all in the UK. It will re-set the clock when you return.

The exception might be if you accrued 10 years' lawful residence before you left when your mother became ill, so you had already got to 10 years before the break.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Do you have ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kumarpriya
Newly Registered

Post by kumarpriya » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Yes, I have my ILR card with me.
Please could you provide your view the above situation, wither ill health of my mother be a consideration or they will simply reject the application for returning resident.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:19 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.