ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents UK Visit Visa Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rakhan01
Newly Registered

Parents UK Visit Visa Questions

Post by rakhan01 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for my parents UK Family Visit Visa (6 months) and I have a few questions.

Here's my scenario:

My parents are unemployed. Main income is through us (brothers) and property rent. We are 5. My brother and my sisters are in UK and I am the only one here. My brother in law has space in house that is why he is sponsoring my parents so that there is no accommodation issue.

To start, I registered on visa4uk website and started filling application for my Dad. I came across Employment and Income tab. Now I am a bit confused about to what to write in. Here are the questions on this page:

What is your current working status?
I chose Unemployed. Is this OK?

Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
I chose yes.

Total Monthly Income From:
I chose two options.
1. Properties and Rent £100
2. Other sources including friends and family £200

How much do you spend each month on living costs?
I put in £100.

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
I put in £100.

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
What should I put here? Because my parents are living in brother in law, and he sent a letter stating that he will be providing for their accommodation and expenses.

The total amount of money you have for this trip?
What should I put here? Both my mom and dad are planning to visit together. So I am uncertain as to what amount should I put here.

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
I put £500

The cost of your accommodation
I don't know what to put here.

The cost of your living expenses
I don't know what to put here.

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
If i choose Yes, then i will have to put the amount the other person will be giving. Please tell me if I should put in my brother in law's details. And how much.

I have to fill in these details for applications of both my mom and dad. So please guide me what should I put for each application.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!