ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application on Non active passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

Post by zahiddoc » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi All,

I have a rather strange case to discuss.

A doctor from Pakistan migrates to UK on a Tier 2 General category employer sponsored visa in 2010 on a passport that expired in 2013 and was renewed till 2023 from London embassy of Pakistan. Later it was found out by the Federal Investigation Agency of Pakistan that the passport on which the entry clearance was granted had been obtained through concealment of facts and mis-declaration, consequently the renewed passport was made NONACTIVE by the Issuing Govt i.e. Pakistan. currently the passport holder is unaware of the non active status of her passport and has applied for ILR in July 2015.

1. would such a person be issued an ILR on a passport that apparently shows validity till 2023 or would its status be verified from the issuing Govt.

2. the issuing Govt i.e. Pakistan is enquiring into a case against the said doctor for obtaining and submission of fake document to obtain GMC registration and consequently get her current job in UK. Possibly an FIR (criminal case) would be registered in a few days time since all evidences against her have been found to be true.

3. this person has a series of administrative misconduct in her home country which is also under investigation and has been confirmed and part of the same case.

4. It would all lead to a criminal case/sentence by the Federal Investigation Agency of Pakistan against her when she returns to her home country (Pakistan).

5. Without being informed what would be the Home Office's normal course of action.

Thanking you in advance for the valuable information from you guys.

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

Re: ILR application on Non active passport

Post by zahiddoc » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:41 pm

The Words "Bad quality" actually mean forged documents or falsified documents

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

immigration crime

Post by zahiddoc » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi all!

If someone has committed forgery and submitted bogus certificates of work experience and her passport is Nonactive now since the issuing Govt investigated the fraud and blocked her passport which was also obtained through concealment of facts. I want to report that person where should i report for an urgent action as i believe that person has applied for ILR and/or may have already received her ILR.
reporting such people who abuse a fair and generous system should be done religiously so that it does not burden the deserving.

riz1986

Re: immigration crime

Post by riz1986 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:29 pm

y u soo desperate to report that person .........let her face the consequences
Just make sure all ur own matters r in order !!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:35 pm

More concerning than the immigration issue would be if the person in question is working in the medical profession in the UK without being qualified to practice!
With this in mind, here's the link you need:
https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:43 pm

In the UK this seem to be the appropriate place:

Edit: Ah, this is a duplicate but I can't delete the post so leaving as-is.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:48 pm

noajthan wrote:In the UK this seem to be the appropriate place:

Edit: Ah, this is a duplicate but I can't delete the post so leaving as-is.
Don't worry..better more than less. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

Post by zahiddoc » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi All!

I am applying for ILR on Tier 2 immigration visa but i have come to know that my passport has been Inactivated by the issuing Govt i.e. Govt of Pakistan. However the booklet that I have with me shows the validity till 2023. would i be granted ILR on this passport or would it be verified from the issuing Govt and if it is found inactive then what would be the status of my ILR application.
Thanx in advance

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:51 am

Define "inactivated".
AIUI, passport either remains valid, or expires, or is cancelled.

AFAIK, If it is a MRP and has been cancelled it will be flagged if it is scanned to check the authenticity of the passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:02 am

Aint yu th person who was tryna report anotha person to UKVI for using forged documents tht she will use to obtain ILR few days ago.i see yu came up with a diffrent story this time.
thanks,

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

ILR Tier 2 and Interpol Red Notice

Post by zahiddoc » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:25 am

Hi All,

A person is residing in UK since July 2015 on an ILR (Tier 2). Recently an Interpol's red notice has been issued against that person from its home country i.e. Pakistan for forgery, fraud and misdeclaration. May I request to know what will be the course of that person's Immigration status.

Deewani
Canada

Re: ILR Tier 2 and Interpol Red Notice

Post by Deewani » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:00 am

Sorry Doctor, expect tough time ahead for you...forget abt tier 2 or 3 n dont even dream abt ILr...keep your luggage and things ready....as you may have some guests visiting you soon...It may be harsh opinion but one has to pay price for his crime!!!!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:48 am

Deewani wrote:Sorry Doctor, expect tough time ahead for you...forget abt tier 2 or 3 n dont even dream abt ILr...keep your luggage and things ready....as you may have some guests visiting you soon...It may be harsh opinion but one has to pay price for his crime!!!!!
When exactly did you become judge and jury.

Do you feel qualify to judge a matter without full facts?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:54 pm

zahiddoc wrote:Hi All,

it was found out by the Federal Investigation Agency of Pakistan that the passport on which the entry clearance was granted had been obtained through concealment of facts and mis-declaration,
Surely this is evidence? There was no addition of 'alleged.' This post could be found on your computer when interpol come knocking and be used as evidence against you. If interpol is involved, surely Pakistan have made a pretty convincing case....

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Respected Obie,
I am neither a judge or a solicitor...i felt that since something wrong and grave is done, as red notice is issued. And nowdays HO is refusing many applications just for driving offences and even for people who satisfy all d requirements but ONLY submitted false english certificates... So based on that i assumed he will face problems for acts or things he did before coming here and gaining UK visa.

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

Post by zahiddoc » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Hey Guys!

I still did not get a reply to my question from a moderator. Others kindly refrain from your opinions and let the competent moderators reply to my post.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:40 pm

zahiddoc wrote:Hey Guys!

I still did not get a reply to my question from a moderator. Others kindly refrain from your opinions and let the competent moderators reply to my post.
Except that THREE very respected moderators have. Rude.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ed_notices

Turn yourself in.

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

Post by zahiddoc » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:23 pm

physicskate wrote:
zahiddoc wrote:Hey Guys!

Except that THREE very respected moderators have. Rude.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ed_notices

Turn yourself in.

Its not my situation. I just want to know the course of events for someone I am very close to.

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

Post by zahiddoc » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:32 pm

RUDE????
Obie is the only moderator who has replied on this thread and that too to Deewani and Obie is absolutely right about her trying to be judge and jury.

anyway still waiting for a moderators word on the Interpol's Red corner notice issue

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:42 pm

zahiddoc wrote:RUDE????
Obie is the only moderator who has replied on this thread and that too to Deewani and Obie is absolutely right about her trying to be judge and jury.

anyway still waiting for a moderators word on the Interpol's Red corner notice issue
The link says that the HO and interpol talk!

Sushdmehta and Casa are also moderators - and they too have commented on this thread. As wise as they are, others also have information that might be of use to you so it's pretty arrogant of you to think that only they should try to 'help' you. We are all busy people, and I think I'm nearing the end of my tether trying to point people in the right direction as your attitude is becoming more and more common. It's a shame...

This is my final word on your matter.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:42 am

Casa wrote:More concerning than the immigration issue would be if the person in question is working in the medical profession in the UK without being qualified to practice!
I replied to your post in July, and Respected Guru noajthan concurred with that advice...and you chose not to follow the advice given.
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:43 am

sushdmehta wrote:Define "inactivated".
AIUI, passport either remains valid, or expires, or is cancelled.

AFAIK, If it is a MRP and has been cancelled it will be flagged if it is scanned to check the authenticity of the passport.
Sushdmehta replied to your post in July...and again you chose not to follow the advice given.
(Casa, not CR001)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:52 am

Three things will happen to either you or your friend... Depending on which one of those is actually you.
If a request is made through Interpol as you suggest the information goes to a specific team in the HO. The information is assessed and considered on the basis of the evidence supplied by the requesting body, in this case the Pakistan government. Only if the evidence amounts to a crime in this country would action be taken.
If it is deemed that action is to be taken the individual will be arrested by either the Police or some other law enforcement agency. Obviously if an immigration offence the Immigration Enforcement will undertake the task.
The outcome post arrest will be prosecution for the offence committed in the UK. So if a false passport or documents were used then that would be the offence.

A red notice is only an information bulletin in reality and carries little weight. So if a National of Pakistan is of interest to their own government it may or may not be of interest to the current host nation.

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

Post by zahiddoc » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Casa wrote:
Casa wrote:More concerning than the immigration issue would be if the person in question is working in the medical profession in the UK without being qualified to practice!
I replied to your post in July, and Respected Guru noajthan concurred with that advice...and you chose not to follow the advice given.

I did as you said but teh Home office issued her an ILR instead of doing any verifications. so much for efficiency and prompt response to online information..Anyway thanx for takin the time to respond to you all.

zahiddoc
- thin ice -

Post by zahiddoc » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Three things will happen to either you or your friend... Depending on which one of those is actually you.
If a request is made through Interpol as you suggest the information goes to a specific team in the HO. The information is assessed and considered on the basis of the evidence supplied by the requesting body, in this case the Pakistan government. Only if the evidence amounts to a crime in this country would action be taken.
If it is deemed that action is to be taken the individual will be arrested by either the Police or some other law enforcement agency. Obviously if an immigration offence the Immigration Enforcement will undertake the task.
The outcome post arrest will be prosecution for the offence committed in the UK. So if a false passport or documents were used then that would be the offence.

A red notice is only an information bulletin in reality and carries little weight. So if a National of Pakistan is of interest to their own government it may or may not be of interest to the current host nation.

ThanK you Frontier Mole. Your explanation is the most befitting to the situation. thank you again for your time and understanding.