ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ally007

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by ally007 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:11 am

ally007 wrote:
Raysegg wrote:Hello Everyone,
I have observed that it took the HO average of 4-5 weeks for an COA with right to work to be posted. What then should be the right time to send in PR application before the expiration of the RC ? As most employers will not want to work you, without a document certifying right to work.
Please help.
My regards.

I received my COA after 4weeks HO received our application because we made joint application and it's now. 5weeks so my advice to you is to send it as soon as possible.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:36 am

alisufyan wrote:
ally007 wrote:Do anyone know or have a clue of what is going on pls?
I applied for my PR which included my wife eea national who is the main applicant and me as a family member on the same form on 12/10/15.
HO received it the second day the 13/10. Money Taken on the 15th/10
My wife received email from HO on the 21.10.15 saying they received the application.
HO sent Biometric letter to me alone on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent biometric back same 23.10.
Since then, no message and no COA from HO. Is there anyone apply for PR same time with their eea family and hear anything back from HO?
Hi ally007 - I applied in July and I am in exactly the same situation like you. My EEA national wife got email confirmation - EEA nationals are not required to provide biometrics so it was just me who had to send my biometrics. I never received any other communication from HO - No COA or email confirmation. I called HO few weeks ago and they just said use your biometrics letter as proof of application.
I suggest don't worry, just keep calm and wait for your PR.

Have you received your property yet? You applied in July and you should have get it by now because I think you applied in July and with your Mrs.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:57 pm

ally007 wrote:As eea, you are not going to receive any COA and i think you might get your documents back this week or nextweek because with what I understand, some eea national receive their pr withing 5 weeks so relax
So... This is the 7th week already because as I said I've sent the application on 07/10) and I didn't get anything yet. Also one of my friend (he is from same country as I'm) sent his Naturalisation form directly without having PR on 29/10 and he just received the biometric enrolment letter today. So I'm really getting worried ... :shock: :( What should I do?
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:05 pm

So... This is the 7th week already because as I said I've sent the application on 07/10) and I didn't get anything yet. Also one of my friend (he is from same country as I'm) sent his Naturalisation form directly without having PR on 29/10 and he just received the biometric enrolment letter today. So I'm really getting worried ... :shock: :( What should I do?
You should wait, nothing else you can do I'm afraid. It can take up to 6 months to process the application, although the standard processing time for EEA nationals' PR confirmations seems to be much quicker. Maybe your caseworker is on leave or ill or something; just relax, as long as all evidence is right you will receive your PR eventually. No point in comparing it with your friend's application which is going to a completely different team/department.

Not sure why you are expecting a Biometric enrolment letter and COA? I thought you were an EEA national as you said?
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:14 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Not sure why you are expecting a Biometric enrolment letter and COA? I thought you were an EEA national as you said?
Because I don't understand why same nationality person as I'm get biometric enrolment but I don't. Yes, I'm EEA national as that guy too. We are from same country.
----

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Because I don't understand why same nationality person as I'm get biometric enrolment but I don't. Yes, I'm EEA national as that guy too. We are from same country.
Biometric enrolment for EEA nationals is only required for naturalisation, but not for PR. That's why your friend (who applied for naturalisation) has received a letter and you (who has applied for PR only) didn't.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:59 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:
Biometric enrolment for EEA nationals is only required for naturalisation, but not for PR. That's why your friend (who applied for naturalisation) has received a letter and you (who has applied for PR only) didn't.
I see! Thank you!
----

Mez23
Newly Registered

Post by Mez23 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello, I'm EEA national working in the UK for the past 5.5 years (as both self employed and employee) and I'm preparing to send my PR application. I just wanted to double check-

1. Is it true that copies of your documents should be send as well (bank statements, NI payments etc.)?
2. How much information for exercised treaty rights would be sufficient - number of bank statements, issued invoices, payslips from employment etc?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:36 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:
Bear in mind that family members of EEA nationals who are applying for a PR card now require Biometrics.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... dence-card
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Mez23 wrote:Hello, I'm EEA national working in the UK for the past 5.5 years (as both self employed and employee) and I'm preparing to send my PR application. I just wanted to double check-

1. Is it true that copies of your documents should be send as well (bank statements, NI payments etc.)?
2. How much information for exercised treaty rights would be sufficient - number of bank statements, issued invoices, payslips from employment etc?

Thank you kindly in advance.
1. You have to send the original documents!
2. At least 2-3 documents/year. (Official: "We recommend you submit at least 2 documents for each year of residence.")

I strongly advice to you to read the guidance.
----

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Casa wrote:Bear in mind that family members of EEA nationals who are applying for a PR card now require Biometrics.
But as an EEA national with direct application, I won't get Biometric letter for PR application as @LilyLalilu said, right?
----

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Sas Sam wrote:
Casa wrote:Bear in mind that family members of EEA nationals who are applying for a PR card now require Biometrics.
But as an EEA national with direct application, I won't get Biometric letter for PR application as @LilyLalilu said, right?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

maywether
Newly Registered

Post by maywether » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi ,
I have Permanent Residence in UK, which I got after living 5 years in UK as EEA family member. I got my Permanent Residence in June 2015.
Now me and my wife have some problem in our married life and we start living separately. It looks like we going to apply for divorce.

I want to know If we have divorce
My wife wants to inform home office and cancel my visa?
What will be effect on my immigration status?

maywether

guesswho
Newly Registered

Post by guesswho » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:15 pm

I have sent my application last week via special delivery. home office have received it Friday 20-11-2015
they took £65 fee today 24-11-2015

I have applied on the basic of EEA extended family member.

I have sent only 2 proof of living UK together one being tenancy agreement from each year from last 5 years

1 other proof such as gas bill, council tax, NHS letter, pension letter and one bank statement and one credit card statement that's all

I have kept it very simple and i am pretty confident that i will get my PR and I am not fuss how long it take as i have no plan of travelling in next few month.

will update as I get any news

Regards

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:20 pm

EEA4 (Non EEA) ex spouse Timelines:
app sent: 20/11/15
received by HO: 23/11/15
Payment taken: 24/11/15
wait begins...

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:34 pm

maywether wrote:Hi ,
I have Permanent Residence in UK, which I got after living 5 years in UK as EEA family member. I got my Permanent Residence in June 2015.
Now me and my wife have some problem in our married life and we start living separately. It looks like we going to apply for divorce.

I want to know If we have divorce
My wife wants to inform home office and cancel my visa?
What will be effect on my immigration status?

maywether
You status (PR) is no longer dependent on your EEA partner. This means your "visa" won't be cancelled in the event of a divorce .

maywether
Newly Registered

Post by maywether » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:27 am

Thank you so much. My PR card expires on 2025. do I need my wife's document to extend my PR or can I apply for ILR now. ILR is very expensive and takes six months to process. What is the difference between ILR and PR?
I do not wish to apply British citizenship and would like to keep my own citizenship. Any suggestion Please.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Sas Sam wrote:Hi All,

I've sent my EEA(PR) just a few weeks ago... I'd like to share my timeline with you and also I've a question as well.

It's an EEA application as I'm EU national.

PR application sent on: 07/10/2015
Account debited on: 09/10/2015

This is where I'm now...
Good news, everyone! Today I've received all my documents back in my prepaid special delivery envelope and my PR card has been enclosed as well! :D I'm really happy now! Good luck for everyone who's still waiting!
----

guesswho
Newly Registered

Post by guesswho » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Sas Sam wrote:
Sas Sam wrote:Hi All,

I've sent my EEA(PR) just a few weeks ago... I'd like to share my timeline with you and also I've a question as well.

It's an EEA application as I'm EU national.

PR application sent on: 07/10/2015
Account debited on: 09/10/2015

This is where I'm now...
Good news, everyone! Today I've received all my documents back in my prepaid special delivery envelope and my PR card has been enclosed as well! :D I'm really happy now! Good luck for everyone who's still waiting!
congratulation. that did nt took very long under 2 month nice

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:55 am

Please help, the waiting is killing, does anyone have any ideal whats going on with HO, why the delay?? Please share your ideal

I applied for PR in 16/5/2015
Biometric 01/6/2015
COA Dated 9/6/2015

Up till this hour i have not heard anything from HO, the application is more than six months and nearly 2 weeks now.
I applied for Pr in completion of my 5 years in total thats include time spent as an EEA family member and time spent on retained right of residents,

I retained my right of residents in july 2014, though it was previously refused for not providing a valid passport but was later issued to me after providing a valid one with a new application and was issued in july 2014.

Please is anyone waiting from May :roll: ????? Please share your thought i beg of you

Thank you
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

kbh
Newly Registered

Post by kbh » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:06 am

Hi,

I really hope you are able to help. I have read the EEA PR form so many times and I am still confused. I am an EEA national and I have been in the UK since 2007. The section of the form I find very confusing is about my activity in the UK. My understanding is that I have to list all my activity since I entered the UK, hence 2007. However, is this right, considering I am applying on the basis I have been living in the UK for the past five years? Do I need to include and provide evidence/proofs of all my activity since 2007 or only for the past 5 years since 2010?? For example, bank statements since 2007, details of my university degree and how I funded myself while at university (although I finished my degree more than 5 years ago), comprehensive sickness insurance while at uni (which I had but can't prove) etc?

Thanks for clarifying.

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:46 am

Please i need some help as my PR has been refused, i got a letter this morning the reason for refusal was i did not provide my ex partner treaty right for five years,

We have only spent 4 years together in marriage, we both work before divorce and i am still currently working as full time till present.

I have retained my right of residence in 2014 and i did provide the same documents i submitted when i apply for a retained right of residence, my ex partner treaty right for 4 years thats from 2009 to 2013,

I dont understand the bloke that refused this app, he might be upset or angry when dealing with the application, because it took nearly 7 months

there is a right of Appeal

Please advice, any solicitor around, any guru that can help??? Please
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

ally007

Post by ally007 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:52 am

HELP....HELP....HELP.... HELP....HELP......

Anybody that applied with his/her eea family member on the same PR application should please come forward and share their experience in the processing please? i applied with my eea family on the same form and after biometric, nothing again from the HO and it is now 7weeks. I noticed most eea national received their PR withing 4 weeks. please share your timeline if you apply with your eea national on the same form.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi PR people,
Been a member of this forum since my RC application days, and now am back during my PR period, this forum has been so good and helping in relevant situations..
I recommended it to a friend on 10years ILR route, and he found it very useful and helpful too, his ILR granted.. Good work guys on this forum.

Here is my current PR time-line: ( unmarried family member of EEA national, blessed with two kids, " kids with both uk and Finnish passports")

Sent application: 25/11/2016
Application received by HO: 26/11/2016
Debit card charged by HO, euro dept: 27/11/2016

Now waiting for next steps.....
Will be updating more as it goes..

N.B: my RC was issued within 1month when i applied, and presently still have about 5months left till expiry.. Since we got no plans to travel for now, i decided to put my application in.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

joseph83
Newly Registered

Post by joseph83 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Application Sent As Non Eea : 03/07/2015
Received by UKBA : 06/07/2015
Credit Card Charged : 07/07/2015
Biometric Letter Received : 20/07/2015
Biometrics Sent : 21/07/2015
COA Dated: 06/08/2015
COA Received: 10/08/2015