ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

swtich visa type, what about the paid healthcare surcharge

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dawang
Newly Registered

swtich visa type, what about the paid healthcare surcharge

Post by dawang » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi:

I have to switch my visa from T2 General to T1 exceptional Talent( I have got the endorsement), here is thing: as I just got my T2 visa for three month, and I have already paid the surcharge for the next two year (August 2015 to August 2017), as I need submit my new application to switch my visa from T2 to T1, and it requires my IHS reference number, can I use the old one which I used for my T2 visa application, or I have to paid the surcharge again to get a new IHS reference number, it really complicated as I want to apply a five years' T1 exceptional Talent visa, what should I do? pay a five year's surcharge? if that, can I refund my first surcharge back? how can I get these money back?

Thank very much

geriatrix

Re: swtich visa type, what about the paid healthcare surchar

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:01 pm

IHS surcharge must be paid for every application that requires it.
Any refund, if it deemed accrued from earlier application(s), should be refunded by Home Office in due course.

Don't know if it is actually done because switching is a choice the applicant makes .. so check with HO with regards to what you may perceive as a refund due on IHS paid for a different application in the past.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dawang
Newly Registered

Re: swtich visa type, what about the paid healthcare surchar

Post by dawang » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:51 pm

Thank you very much