ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence - short of a couple of months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cheska88
Newly Registered

Re: Long residence - short of a couple of months

Post by cheska88 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi Gameover 786,

Good luck with your application. You're including your bank statements, is there a financial requirement with this application? What period does your bank statement encompass?
Also what sort of employer letter you're including with your application? I'm applying for same in about 4 weeks.

Sorry if I made you check the thread as I am not answering your query.

All the best, Cheska

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 am

cheska88 wrote:Hi Gameover 786,

Good luck with your application. You're including your bank statements, is there a financial requirement with this application? What period does your bank statement encompass?
Also what sort of employer letter you're including with your application? I'm applying for same in about 4 weeks.

Sorry if I made you check the thread as I am not answering your query.

All the best, Cheska
Hi Cheska,

There is no such financial requirement but you need to show that you have enough funds available to support your self and your dependent. The employment letter I am including confirms that I am full time employee plus it also confirms the date I started my current job.

Do let me know if you have any questions

Regards

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:42 am

Hi everyone

This is Tajammul77...i had few posts in this thread regarding flr fp...my current situation is that my solicitor has applied for appeal on 5 sep 2015 but i haven't got any hearing date so far...my 10 years minus 28 days gona be completed on 20 Dec 2015. I am asking for a advice specially moderators obie, vinny , zee ali.
should i withdraw my appeal to apply set lr on premium service or should i wait for appeal to be heard. i have seen cases where ppl withdraw appeal and got ilr...if i go for appeal its gona take longer may be 8 or 10 months more and it will be very frustrated for me. i just want to get rid of this situation. kindly advice me

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:44 am

Hi everyone

This is Tajammul77...i had few posts in this thread regarding flr fp...my current situation is that my solicitor has applied for appeal on 5 sep 2015 but i haven't got any hearing date so far...my 10 years minus 28 days gona be completed on 20 Dec 2015. I am asking for a advice specially moderators obie, vinny , zee ali.
should i withdraw my appeal to apply set lr on premium service or should i wait for appeal to be heard. i have seen cases where ppl withdraw appeal and got ilr...if i go for appeal its gona take longer may be 8 or 10 months more and it will be very frustrated for me. i just want to get rid of this situation. kindly advice me

cheska88
Newly Registered

Post by cheska88 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi Gameover_786,

Have you got any update regarding your application?
You might recall I'm in the same boat as you, 68 (40+28) days short of 10 years LR.
Any Timeline update, regarding acknowledgement letter, biometrics etc. will be much appreciated.
I applied for FLR (FP), no dependants, on 29th Dec, existing visa expired on 31st Dec. I plan to vary this application to ILR on 10th Feb, the beginning of my qualifying period.
Once again, good luck and any update will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Cheska

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:41 pm

cheska88 wrote:Hi Gameover_786,

Have you got any update regarding your application?
You might recall I'm in the same boat as you, 68 (40+28) days short of 10 years LR.
Any Timeline update, regarding acknowledgement letter, biometrics etc. will be much appreciated.
I applied for FLR (FP), no dependants, on 29th Dec, existing visa expired on 31st Dec. I plan to vary this application to ILR on 10th Feb, the beginning of my qualifying period.
Once again, good luck and any update will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Cheska
Hi Cheska,

Yes I applied for FLR(FP) on the 04th December 2015 which was received by home office on the 07th of December. Fees deducted on the 10th of December. Acknowledgement letter received on the 23rd December. Biometric invite received 02 Jan 2016. I am planning to vary my application on 21st Jan to SET (LR) at PEO Croydon centre. I am not planning to enrol my bio metric but will enrol bio metric for dependant.

I will update you after my PEO visit. I hope that helps and good luck with your application.

Regards

cheska88
Newly Registered

Post by cheska88 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi Gameover_786,

Thank you so much for your response!
I'm glad to see, that it took them around 4 weeks to invite you for biometrics. I'm hoping this is standard :D. How long have you been given to respond to the biometric invitation?
You also mentioned that you'll enrol biometrics for your dependant but not for yourself, may I please know the reason why? Would it not reflect badly on yourself/ your application seeing how serious they are about biometrics?
Regarding your SET(LR) application at PEO, you'll be attending without your passport/ other documents etc., is that right? I'm just curious, don't you need passport to even enter the PEO? In the absence of a passport, what other documents are you taking with yourself?
Thank you for offering to update after your visit to the PEO. Im debating whether to make an in person application for SET ( LR ) at Croydon PEO too, (whether it can at all be done for someone in our situations) and a precedent is very much welcome. I wish you a very happy new year and good luck with your applications.

Regards
Cheska

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:09 pm

cheska88 wrote:Hi Gameover_786,

Thank you so much for your response!
I'm glad to see, that it took them around 4 weeks to invite you for biometrics. I'm hoping this is standard :D. How long have you been given to respond to the biometric invitation?
You also mentioned that you'll enrol biometrics for your dependant but not for yourself, may I please know the reason why? Would it not reflect badly on yourself/ your application seeing how serious they are about biometrics?
Regarding your SET(LR) application at PEO, you'll be attending without your passport/ other documents etc., is that right? I'm just curious, don't you need passport to even enter the PEO? In the absence of a passport, what other documents are you taking with yourself?
Thank you for offering to update after your visit to the PEO. Im debating whether to make an in person application for SET ( LR ) at Croydon PEO too, (whether it can at all be done for someone in our situations) and a precedent is very much welcome. I wish you a very happy new year and good luck with your applications.

Regards
Cheska
Hi Cheska,

I will be attending the PEO appointment ON the 15th working day from the date of biometric letter and they will take biometrics anyway on the day.
Many has done so plz search on forum and you will find many examples and that is why I am doing it .
I hope that's answer your questions.

Regards

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:32 pm

Hello Gameover/Cheska

I have been reading your posts for a while. I did post some questions few months back and i am regular member on this forum now.
I am going to submit my FLR(fp) on 6th Jan and i am short of 7 months for 10 year ILR

Please help me with few questions :-

1. Will i be able to work once i apply for FLR fp as previously i was on tier 2 (HR Manager). I dont have job right now and i have no idea about my work right after submitting my application.

2. If I would qualify for 10 years ILR in August and my wife apply as my dependent with me, then, apparently she needs to earn around £18600 in a year. My question is, if this has to be earned from one employer or it can be fulfilled by 2 different employers.

3. Till now my previous history has been good but if i go for FLR fp then will i be able to go for one day service at PEO.

Many Thanks
Singh21

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Singh21 wrote:Hello Gameover/Cheska

I have been reading your posts for a while. I did post some questions few months back and i am regular member on this forum now.
I am going to submit my FLR(fp) on 6th Jan and i am short of 7 months for 10 year ILR

1. Will i be able to work once i apply for FLR fp as previously i was on tier 2 (HR Manager). I dont have job right now and i have no idea about my work right after submitting my application.

2. If I would qualify for 10 years ILR in August and my wife apply as my dependent with me, then, apparently she needs to earn around £18600 in a year. My question is, if this has to be earned from one employer or it can be fulfilled by 2 different employers.

3. Till now my previous history has been good but if i go for FLR fp then will i be able to go for one day service at PEO.

Many Thanks
Singh21
Hi Singh21,

I personally don't have an answer for you but I am still working after making my FLR (FP) application. I was on tier 2 as well but my employer has issue me a fresh COS which I have not used to extend my stay.

For your 2nd question the answer is that the earning can be from different sources eg. employment and self-employment.
Yes you can go for the same day as many has done so in the past and I myself is going to do the same.

Good luck with your application

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:21 pm

gameover_786 wrote:
Singh21 wrote:Hello Gameover/Cheska

Many Thanks
Singh21
Hi Singh21,

I personally don't have an answer for you but I am still working after making my FLR (FP) application. I was on tier 2 as well but my employer has issue me a fresh COS which I have not used to extend my stay.

For your 2nd question the answer is that the earning can be from different sources eg. employment and self-employment.
Yes you can go for the same day as many has done so in the past and I myself is going to do the same.

Good luck with your application

Thanks Gameover

Good luck for your application.
I would like to request you and all other senior members of this forum to update every correspondent with HO.

I have applied for my FLR fp today and I am short of 7 months. I just hope to get in country appeal right.

Good luck everyone
Singh21

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:56 pm

I m in same boat now.i received bio in Jan 12th 2016 and 10 years eligible on 27 th july.Ho give me 15 working days for bio. I have some question if anybody have recent bio extended?
1.If Ho give second chance so how many days they give 15 or 10 working day?
2.Can I make request for bio 2 time?
3. If Ho refuse my set(ilr)early (with human right)application .can I get appeal right or administration review
OR they give out of country appeal.
4.If Ho give administration review so after i m getting unsuccessful result in AR.how many days can I make fresh application (28 days) or (14 days).
But I heard if u submit AR and after u will get result u have only 14 days for new application.

I read 10 years immigration rules so there is mention u can apply within 28 day (overstay ) new application.so confused plsssss
Any expert plssss help all this query ..vinny..obi...zee Ali ...plsssss

pink85

Post by pink85 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:06 am

ANYBODY PLSSSS

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:43 pm

pink85 wrote:ANYBODY PLSSSS

Hi pink85

I want to ask you. Did you receive your acknowledgment letter from HO if yes then how many days did it take to come after submitting your application.

Thanks

pink85

Post by pink85 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Singh21 wrote:

Hi pink85

I want to ask you. Did you receive your acknowledgment letter from HO if yes then how many days did it take to come after submitting your application.

Thanks
It's take 2 week and received only bio mr sing...can u mad me inbox so vl talk on phone too..

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi guys,

Just to update you on my case. Today I went for my PSC appointment at Croydon centre for my Set lr varying my outstanding application form flr fp . I did not get the decision today as the caseworker said he need to see the original passports to verify in and out stamps.

Before that case work wanted me to withdraw my for fp application which I refused saying I want to vary my application as I had mentioned in my cover letter. The case worker told me that the only way he could make a decision today if I withdraw my application. I asked him to give me in writing what he had told me but than he said let me confirm that and latter he apologized for pushing me to withdraw and confirm that I could vary my application and a refund will be made which I have to request in writing.

The caseworker appeared to be confused and instead of calling my token number on the PA system he called me over the phone to see him on one of the counters from the waiting area. Does anyone had any experience like me before?

I will let you all know once I received my decision.

Many thanks

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:47 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Hi guys,

Just to update you on my case. Today I went for my PSC appointment at Croydon centre for my Set lr varying my outstanding application form flr fp . I did not get the decision today as the caseworker said he need to see the original passports to verify in and out stamps.

Before that case work wanted me to withdraw my for fp application which I refused saying I want to vary my application as I had mentioned in my cover letter. The case worker told me that the only way he could make a decision today if I withdraw my application. I asked him to give me in writing what he had told me but than he said let me confirm that and latter he apologized for pushing me to withdraw and confirm that I could vary my application and a refund will be made which I have to request in writing.

The caseworker appeared to be confused and instead of calling my token number on the PA system he called me over the phone to see him on one of the counters from the waiting area. Does anyone had any experience like me before?

I will let you all know once I received my decision.

Many thanks

Hi Gameover

Thanks for updating your case here. One of my friend had similar kind of situation, where caseworker had to apologies to him and his lawyer. There are situations where caseworker does not have knowledge and they end up making mistakes.

I would like to ask you few questions as I just applied for flr fp.

1. Did you get appeal right.

2. If yes, then How much time did you manage to buy for your hearing. I mean, after how many months, you had received your hearing date after appeal.

3. Did you appeal from London area.

4. Did caseworker ask you general questions, when you had your appointment to vary your application at PEO.

Good luck for your application. Hope your get response in couple of weeks.

Many thanks

pink85

Post by pink85 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Singh21 wrote:

Hi pink85

Thanks
Singh. Want to ask u way application u made?

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:28 am

pink85 wrote:
Singh21 wrote:

Hi pink85

Thanks
Singh. Want to ask u way application u made?

Hi
I have applied for flr fp 10 days ago.

Thanks

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:10 am

Hi Singh
Did u get bio ltr? N why don't apply for set lr ?bcos I heard it more chance to get right of appeal.
R u planing to extant bio?
Thanks

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:22 am

pink85 wrote:Hi Singh
Did u get bio ltr? N why don't apply for set lr ?bcos I heard it more chance to get right of appeal.
Thanks

Hi
I have received acknowledgment letter. Haven't received bio yet. Before completing 10 years, set lr application could be rejected without appeal right.
There are more chance to get appeal right with flr fp application.

I have no plan to delay bio so far.

Thanks

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Singh21 wrote:
pink85 wrote:Hi Singh
Thanks

Hi
I have received acknowledgment letter. Haven't received bio yet. Before completing 10 years, set lr application could be rejected without appeal right.
There are more chance to get appeal right with flr fp application.

I have no plan to delay bio so far.

Thanks
Thanks u very much ..my soli advise me do that one so I did it.nothing in my hand now.if I don't get right of appeal so chance to get AR? And I m thinking apply flr fp after get decision (within 28 day). By the way when u reaching 10 years

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:26 pm

Singh...?....

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:54 am

pink85 wrote:Singh...?....

Hi I am short of 7 months now.

pink85

Post by pink85 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:30 pm

Singh21 wrote:
pink85 wrote:Singh...?....

Hi I am short of 7 months now.
Ok ....do you think on flr fp u can spend 7 month? Bcos it stake 4 to 5 month get decision .
I hope u r right n get right of appeal on that.i m planing to get 2 bio.