ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alijee86

Re: Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by alijee86 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:08 pm

qxoil wrote:hello
where did you apply from, i guess your visa application has been approved. but wait till you get you passport back.
Thank you for your reply, at least one of you can feel my frustration.
They have applied in Lahore Pakistan on 16-nov.
But what worries me is that it only took 7 working days to have me concluded email plus i have no had any phone call from home office for sponsors confirmation.

qxoil

Post by qxoil » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:41 am

yes i know, some times ppl dont bother to reply or give any usefull info.i am in us and planing to apply visa of ireland from pakistan. there are atleast 50 ppl who have applied their cases from pakistan (in irish forum) but none of them just give info long long is the asuall processing time in pakistan of irish visit visa. any ways i think sponsor is not contacted in some cases mostly in repeat cases like some one has visited uk before and he was sponsor by same person.
i hope u get my point.let me know the out come of your appliation.

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:57 am

qxoil wrote:yes i know, some times ppl dont bother to reply or give any usefull info.i am in us and planing to apply visa of ireland from pakistan. there are atleast 50 ppl who have applied their cases from pakistan (in irish forum) but none of them just give info long long is the asuall processing time in pakistan of irish visit visa. any ways i think sponsor is not contacted in some cases mostly in repeat cases like some one has visited uk before and he was sponsor by same person.
i hope u get my point.let me know the out come of your appliation.
Hello
Thank you for your reply and yes i can surely understand how it feels when there are about 10 admins here watching whay people are saying but never mind helping them out.
Well i have never sponsored anyone in past neither my parents visited the UK before. Actually they did visit the UK but back in 90s which don't count anyway because UKVI only needs the travel history for the past 10 years.
Apart from that I'll defo update the status either their visa Applications were approved or not but as you aware, it's weekend and every bloody thing is closed on weekends so fingers crossed for next working day and don't know what day Lahore VAC gonna contact them regarding collection of their passports.
And Good luck for your Irish visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:10 am

alijee86 wrote:Thank you for your reply and yes i can surely understand how it feels when there are about 10 admins here watching whay people are saying but never mind helping them out.
Given that we offer our time and advice for free (we also have families, jobs and commitments), we (5 active moderators) or any member of the forum have no obligation to respond to any post if we do not feel inclined to. We do not work for UKVI/HO or have a crystal ball to check and advise on 'how long things will take to process'. It depends on the merits of the application submitted and the ECO's pile of applications to process etc.

You are of course free to contact any of the OISC advisors or solicitors and pay for advice if you feel you need it so urgently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:28 am

CR001 wrote:
alijee86 wrote:Thank you for your reply and yes i can surely understand how it feels when there are about 10 admins here watching whay people are saying but never mind helping them out.
Given that we offer our time and advice for free (we also have families, jobs and commitments), we (5 active moderators) or any member of the forum have no obligation to respond to any post if we do not feel inclined to. We do not work for UKVI/HO or have a crystal ball to check and advise on 'how long things will take to process'. It depends on the merits of the application submitted and the ECO's pile of applications to process etc.

You are of course free to contact any of the OISC advisors or solicitors and pay for advice if you feel you need it so urgently.
Well when it comes to admin, the pre occupied moderator came across straight away explaining him self and prooving his point that how busy life they have, and thank you very much for your advice that I should go see a solicitor to seek legal advice and pay the legal costs. Well for your kind information I already have done that and am fully aware that none of you works for HO or UKVI but what I believe is, this is a public foram and any member of a public who is struggling to get a professional advice and some one here who is willing to give his advice or a hint from his/her personal experience to help that person out, this is how it works.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 pm

CR001 wrote:any member of the forum have no obligation to respond to any post if we do not feel inclined to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:37 pm

After 9483 posts over 7 years responding to members requests for help and free advice...I sometimes wonder whether it's worth it! :| I'm sure that the other moderators must feel the same.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Casa wrote:After 9483 posts responding to members requests for help and free advice...I sometimes wonder whether it's worth it! :| I sure that the other moderators must feel the same.
+1 Casa, I don't often venture into these ridiculously long threads anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Casa wrote:After 9483 posts responding to members requests for help and free advice...I sometimes wonder whether it's worth it! :| I sure that the other moderators must feel the same.
Me neither. Even more so when I know any contribution isn't likely to be appreciated. :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Well no one is pushing you or anyone who who don't fancy helping other people out anymore or to be a moderator anymore. You know how to get rid of these threads don't you?
You're a free human being in this universe, do what you feel like but without criticising others long posts. They only share there problems with a hope of getting a helping hand.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:56 pm

No moderators = no forum. :|

"i can surely understand how it feels when there are about 10 admins here watching whay people are saying but never mind helping them out."

Just bear in mind that moderators don't have the solution to all the 1000's of queries posted on this forum. Giving incorrect advice is not only pointless, but also potentially damaging!
(Casa, not CR001)

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:10 pm

Casa wrote:No moderators = no forum. :|

"i can surely understand how it feels when there are about 10 admins here watching whay people are saying but never mind helping them out."

Just bear in mind that moderators don't have the solution to all the 1000's of queries posted on this forum. Giving incorrect advice is not only pointless, but also potentially damaging!
I do understand where you coming from and i do appreciate from my end that how helpful are the members and moderators too of this forum.
I am myself a member of this forum from 2013 and helped as much as i could.
People don't come here expecting a full solution of their queries but at least they can get a roughly idea that how things can be sorted or may be someone in this forum was in the same situation prior to him/her.
I raised the finger on admins and moderators and i do apologise as i was frustrated over my parents visa and the concluded email i had,
You guys are amazing and doing a good job.God bless you all

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Apology appreciated. Thank you.
(Casa, not CR001)

qxoil

Post by qxoil » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:22 pm

@alijee86
@casa..
i am on this forum since 2009 when i was studying in uk. this forum helped me alot in the past.i have left the uk and living in the usa still fellow this forum for any immigration mater for me and my family.. i must say casa and other guys doing good job.
i also can understand where alijee86 is coming from these immigration matters are tense as we all know..

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:39 am

Hello guys
I have received this emai this morning regarding my parents UK visit visa, will collect documents tomorrow from Lahore Pakistan.
Dear xxx

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF xxxx was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 11/30/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Celebrating 100 Million Applications!

----------
VFS Global: 48 Client Governments. 122 Countries of Operation. 1837 Application Centres. Over 110 million applications processed. Figures as on 30 September, 2015.
----------
Care4Green: Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
----------
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the VFS Global Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorised printing, copying, disclosure, distribution or use of this message or any part thereof is strictly forbidden. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. VFS Global Group has taken reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, we do not accept liability for any direct or indirect damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you conduct your own virus checks before opening any attachment. VFS Global Group does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted electronically and is not liable for the proper, timely and complete transmission thereof.
----------
You

ziir
Newly Registered

Post by ziir » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 pm

yeah we also received same like that email .i dont know if we can go and collect our passports ? before we recieved email sauing that our application is concluded. i hope we both get the visa .

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:13 pm

ziir wrote:yeah we also received same like that email .i dont know if we can go and collect our passports ? before we recieved email sauing that our application is concluded. i hope we both get the visa .
My parents received the concluded email on Thursday on 23-nov and documents received email yesterday plus they had a text message and a phone call saying they can come and collect their documents anytime.
So they will be traveling tomorrow from Sahiwal to Lahore to collect their passports.
Fingers crossed man!
Good luck you too man.

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:50 am

alijee86 wrote:
ziir wrote:yeah we also received same like that email .i dont know if we can go and collect our passports ? before we recieved email sauing that our application is concluded. i hope we both get the visa .
My parents received the concluded email on Thursday on 23-nov and documents received email yesterday plus they had a text message and a phone call saying they can come and collect their documents anytime.
So they will be traveling tomorrow from Sahiwal to Lahore to collect their passports.
Fingers crossed man!
Good luck you too man.
Hello guys
It's a quick update
My parents visas got refused even after receiving the concluded email. The reasons are bit silly and am struggling to demonstrate them. Little help anyone please?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Visit Visa - Lahore VAC for Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law

22/11/2015 - Application submitted online
27/11/2015 - Appointment at Gerry's Lahore (VFS Global)
27/11/2015 - Applicants interviewed via Video Link - the ECO could speak Urdu too :D
03/12/2015 - Email from Abu Dhabi (application will now be prepared for assessment by ECO)
04/12/2015 - Received call from 'Unknown' number confirming sponsorship - the lady said she is calling on behalf of ECO who is taking decision on the visit visa.

Now waiting..

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Update

Visit Visa - Lahore VAC for Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law

27/11/2015 - Applicants interviewed via Video Link - the ECO could speak Urdu too :D
03/12/2015 - Email from Abu Dhabi (application will now be prepared for assessment by ECO)
04/12/2015 - Received call from 'Unknown' number confirming sponsorship - the lady said she is calling on behalf of ECO who is taking decision on the visit visa.
13/12/2015 - Received call and Email from Abu Dhabi stating only Mother-in-Law needs to attend interview at Gerrys tomorrow
14/12/2015 - Mother-in-Law attended interview at Gerrys Lahore - ECO asked same questions from the application form plus couple of more.
15/12/2015 - Received concluded email from Abu Dhabi

Now waiting to receive documents - fingers crossed!!

majq
Newly Registered

Post by majq » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi terriblescream,

I hope your family members will get their visas.

Could you please advise, which documents did you provide as an evidence that your Mother in Law and Sister will go back ?

Are they working or if you provided any evidences of their bank balances ?

Thanks,

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:53 am

majq wrote:Hi terriblescream,

I hope your family members will get their visas.

Could you please advise, which documents did you provide as an evidence that your Mother in Law and Sister will go back ?

Are they working or if you provided any evidences of their bank balances ?

Thanks,
Hi majq

We submitted
MIL: Marriage Certificate, Passport photocopies of other children (she has two more) that will remain in Pakistan, Spouse Property Document

SIL: Evidence of education i.e College Letter, Fees receipt

They are not working. MIL is housewife and SIL is student. Both have submitted their bank statements with balances around PKR 150,000.

MIL has joint account with Spouse so his salary is deposited, SIL has savings with desposit of PKR5000 every month as evidence of pocket-money.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:08 pm

13/12/2015 - Received call and Email from Abu Dhabi stating only Mother-in-Law needs to attend interview at Gerrys tomorrow
14/12/2015 - Mother-in-Law attended interview at Gerrys Lahore - ECO asked same questions from the application form plus couple of more.
15/12/2015 - Received concluded email from Abu Dhabi
17/12/2015 - Visa Refused

Reasons
1. You claim living expenses PKR6000 on form but on Interview you said PKR 12000. In the interview she asked what is your household costs and the form says what is your living costs???
2. You have children two more children and their fees alone accumulates to PKR 10000 therefore you have not declared your true living costs

Edris Usaf
Newly Registered

Post by Edris Usaf » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Guys,,
i have applied Business Visa on 31/12/2015 at VFS - Lahore-Pak
Got SMS on same day ''The Visa Application for GWF XXXXXXXXX was forwarded to UKVI on 31/12/2015''.

after this till 4th Jan'16. NO intimation of receiving neither SMS nor Email.

This is my 7th Attempt to apply UK visa..finger crossed :roll:

Consider.. i have 5 years US, 4 years CANADA, 1 Year Australian and 06 months Schengen and 1 year Bahrain resident Visa's.
beside this i have very strong travel history over 22 countries.on Business and Pleasure Visits.

The only and strong negative point that i have ,,, i sent email to British High Commission in 2003 in which i abused their system and raised question on their regime..

Please advice , how long it takes to make a decision ?
How you guys see in this case ?

Regards

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:22 pm

It takes 15 working days and considering holiday season you'll probably get an email end of week or next week saying your application is now under assesment by ECO or being prepared for assessement from British Embassy Abu Dhabi.