ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult Dependent Relative/Parent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Adult Dependent Relative/Parent

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Casa wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Pixie00 wrote:She is here on a 3 visit visa which expired and has no passport nor visa. I need advice what to do . She never stay here for more that 6 months but now she has no where to go . She needs to be around her family and now that my father is buried her she has an attachment to this country . Sentimental values
As I see it your options are:

1. Try the Surinder Singh route - a lot of moving within EU and not suitable for an old person.

2. Pay for care back home.

3. Move back home (or one of your siblings) with her and do the needful.

Was no thought given to this situation arising when everyone emigrated?
Wanderer, Pixie00 'popped up' in an unrelated thread and said "There are so many people telling me to apply under the Ireland law but there's no point . I cannot go there as I work in London . My children go to school ."
Difficult situation then, seems OP wants UKVI to bend and not herself, oh well....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Pixie00
Newly Registered

Post by Pixie00 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:44 pm

We all got married outside Pakistan. I guess my father saw the future of Pakistan before anyone did and got us married outside Pakistan. He was also a retired army Doctor. We all lived outside Pakistan for 15 years . My parents had each other, they never wanted to move out of Pakistan but now the situation has changed. My mother is alone , widow, 77 years , God know how much time is left . I don't know too how long I have in this world . Just want to care for her , keep her happy and safe .

Pixie00
Newly Registered

Post by Pixie00 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Than uk calls itself welfare country

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Pixie00 wrote:We all got married outside Pakistan. I guess my father saw the future of Pakistan before anyone did and got us married outside Pakistan. He was also a retired army Doctor. We all lived outside Pakistan for 15 years . My parents had each other, they never wanted to move out of Pakistan but now the situation has changed. My mother is alone , widow, 77 years , God know how much time is left . I don't know too how long I have in this world . Just want to care for her , keep her happy and safe .
Sorry I know it's a tragic situation, but realistically your have to say it's down to you four sisters to resolve it, UKVI will not bend, Can one sister not do the EU surinder singh route and all chip in to help? Not ideal but realistically, UK route isn't going to work of it it does, it will be a long drawn out process....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Pixie00 wrote:Than uk calls itself welfare country
It is, but it's not a free ride for all and sundry, UK culture isn't parent-centric, I couldn't wait to get away from the old bat personally, though I did love her obviously! In a way.

That's the way it is here, is it fair to impose non-UK cultural parental norms on a alien society?

Pixie00
Newly Registered

Post by Pixie00 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Lol.. No comments ... I tend to take straight routes, no short cuts. Will fight and will stay positive ... Inshallah I will win the case . When I do will give u a treat ...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Pixie00 wrote:Lol.. No comments ... I tend to take straight routes, no short cuts. Will fight and will stay positive ... Inshallah I will win the case . When I do will give u a treat ...
Go for it girl!

Really, I wish you luck, nice to see someone fighting and not taking the easy way out...

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:06 pm

It's always helpful to know how cases are going. To date official figures report less than 50 successful applications since the tougher rules were introduced in 2012, and a high percentage of those were following a lengthy appeal. I hope things work out for you all, please keep us updated.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Pixie00
Newly Registered

Post by Pixie00 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Will surely keep u all updated. I love my parents a lot . I think if as children they took care of us it's out duty to do the same for them.

The lawyers are the main people who keeps messing up our minds I think . Want to make money . I feel blessed to have my mother with me at the moment . I would not let her go anywhere but will fight my case myself.

I feel under the human rights it will be successful . Fingers crossed ..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Pixie00 wrote:Will surely keep u all updated. I love my parents a lot . I think if as children they took care of us it's out duty to do the same for them.

The lawyers are the main people who keeps messing up our minds I think . Want to make money . I feel blessed to have my mother with me at the moment . I would not let her go anywhere but will fight my case myself.

I feel under the human rights it will be successful . Fingers crossed ..
Well be careful of Human Rights claims, they only really work for folks without any reasonable choices, you have plenty of choices, they might not suit but you do have them.

HRA was designed to help those without any ways out.

Anyway, good luck...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:18 pm

I do sound like the Harbinger of Doom......

Pixie00
Newly Registered

Post by Pixie00 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Well be careful of Human Rights claims, they only really work for folks without any reasonable choices, you have plenty of choices, they might not suit but you do have them.

HRA was designed to help those without any ways out????

Y do lawyers suggest it HRA

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Pixie00 wrote:Well be careful of Human Rights claims, they only really work for folks without any reasonable choices, you have plenty of choices, they might not suit but you do have them.

HRA was designed to help those without any ways out????

Y do lawyers suggest it HRA
££££££££££

Pixie00
Newly Registered

Post by Pixie00 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Sometimes I do think it's al £££££. But come to think of it , when we as children expect our parents to by us toys , branded clothes, than we too no matter how much it cost willing to ££££ for them ...

All these are materialistic things , money can't buy parents , but I will give up every penny for her...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Pixie00 wrote: ......but I will give up every penny for her...
But not UK residence?

Pixie00
Newly Registered

Post by Pixie00 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Wanderer wrote:
But not UK residence?

Really don't know what you mean by the that ??? The whole point of getting it was for a better future. Oh by the way she got the stay for 10 years

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Pixie00 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
But not UK residence?

Really don't know what you mean by the that ??? The whole point of getting it was for a better future. Oh by the way she got the stay for 10 years
Really!! well done - can you post the UKVI document here so we can share it out?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Pixie00 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
But not UK residence?

Crikey! That was quick...you only asked for advice about submitting an application this month! It normally takes months if not years to decide. Did they allow it on 'sentimental grounds'? That must be a first since the Rules changed in 2012! How did she manage it without a passport? This will certainly be encouragement for all those on the forum who have been refused visas for parents who were far more elderly and fragile! No doubt you'll have lots of requests for advice on your application :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Pixie00 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
But not UK residence?

10 years? Odd, usually the Adult Dependant Visa is ILR - i.e no time limit.

Very odd, please post the UKVI response for the benefit of others...

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Oh gosh! That's true...maybe the Home Office have made an error! :?
(Casa, not CR001)

xjhl
Newly Registered

Post by xjhl » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Hello Pixie00, seeing your post really made my day.

I am facing the similar situation here. My parents are with me at the moment in the UK as a visitor. My mum 65 has diagnosed lung cancer early this year, I really don't know how long she has left to live. Same as you, I love my parents. I am her only child and I want to be with her to fight for her cancer.

Do you think you could let me know which visa you have applied for your mum. If you have used a lawyer to fight for the case, would you recommend him to me? I will be so grateful any information you could share with me. All I want is keeping them here, so we can stay as a whole family.

Thanks again.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 pm

Sentimental/emotional value has no standing in the world of Immigration Rules.

May I also point out that such cases, of parents coming on visit visas and then overstaying because of "sentimental value" that makes it so difficult for other parents to get a visit visa for perfectly valid reasons.

Broadly, the UK has made it abundantly clear, through the Immigration Rules, that ADRs are not welcome. The SS route will likely be history too in two years time. If there is persistent abuse of visit visas for parents, I would not be surprised if there would be a blanket ban on people over a certain age with any relative in the UK, on the off-chance that they develop an emotional attachment to living in the UK.

If you disagree with the decisions of a democratically elected government, work on getting it changed. Launch a petition (here is one for you to sign), protest, lobby your MP, vote. But, broadly, the Rules are in agreement with public opinion, as is expected in a democracy.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:06 am

Wanderer wrote:10 years? Odd, usually the Adult Dependant Visa is ILR - i.e no time limit.

Very odd, please post the UKVI response for the benefit of others
ILR BRP is normally stamped for a 10 year duration, although it is indefinite. I believe that that is the case here.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.