ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming child tax credit and working tax credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jani00000
Newly Registered

Claiming child tax credit and working tax credit

Post by jani00000 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi i am on ilr and wife is on flr(m) and we are excepting twins to be born in india, while
we have one more child born in uk.
my question is can i get ctc and wtc in my name for the 2 children who would born in india?
secondly the twins are due in 4 months time , can i start getting ctc/wtc or cb before the birth of children?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Claiming child tax credit and working tax credit

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:05 pm

You can only claim tax credits for the children after they are born and once they are back in the UK. Tax credits MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse. Child benefit in YOUR name only.

If they are born in the UK, they will be automatically British. If born in India, they will need to apply for a settlement visa which will be issued in line with their mothers visa. You will need to meet the financial requirement of spouse +2 children ( or spouse +3 children if your UK born child is not yet registered as British)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jani00000
Newly Registered

Post by jani00000 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:24 am

Thank you for the answer

my wife and one kid already got visa until 2017, even than i will have to fulfill earning requirement of 3 child and wife?? to get the visa of my twins

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:40 am

If none of your children are British, then they are included in the financial requirement (£27,200).

If your twins are born in the UK, they will be British Citizens automatically and can apply for British passport directly and would be excluded from the financial calculation.

Have you not registered your UK born child as British on MN1 yet?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jani00000
Newly Registered

Post by jani00000 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:07 pm

thank you char i appreciate your answer

No have not registered my uk born child for naturalization yet because of traveling to India.
he has indian passport would i need to send his passport and birth certificate both for mn1 form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:12 pm

You can use NCS at your local council to submit MN1 and they copy your documents and give you the originals back. Child will have to submit biometrics once you get the letter from HO, so bear that in mind if you are travelng.
Char (CR001 not Casa)