ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application rejected

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sad
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application rejected

Post by Sad » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi All Friends,
I need some help & Advice Please.

I have applied for my wife’s naturalization application and it was rejected under the good character, new 10-year rule, as they said my wife lived and worked illegal for 3 months and 4 days

My wife was given entry clearance on 1st November 2005 valid until 1st November 2007.
“Spouses have normally been given 27 months’ entry clearance in order to have time to make arrangements to travel and to have spent two years in the UK to enable them to apply for indefinite leave to remain” which was never granted to her.
We totally forgot to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain because of medical reasons, which we had applied on 4th January 2008, and was granted without any problem…
If they would give her 27 months visa she would be only 4 days late which will be nothing for her naturalization application.

Now I have to appeal for her naturalization, what are her chances, any suggestions and what should we do?

Many Thanks in Advance for all the Help & advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation application rejected

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Sad wrote:Hi All Friends,
I need some help & Advice Please.

I have applied for my wife’s naturalization application and it was rejected under the good character, new 10-year rule, as they said my wife lived and worked illegal for 3 months and 4 days

My wife was given entry clearance on 1st November 2005 valid until 1st November 2007.
“Spouses have normally been given 27 months’ entry clearance in order to have time to make arrangements to travel and to have spent two years in the UK to enable them to apply for indefinite leave to remain” which was never granted to her.
We totally forgot to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain because of medical reasons, which we had applied on 4th January 2008, and was granted without any problem…
If they would give her 27 months visa she would be only 4 days late which will be nothing for her naturalization application.

Now I have to appeal for her naturalization, what are her chances, any suggestions and what should we do?

Many Thanks in Advance for all the Help & advice.
Seems justified to me, she was lucky to get ILR with a shit-storm actually.

Citizenship is a privilege not a right so no amount of appealing will help, just wait the 10 years since the offence occurred.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:46 pm

You cannot appeal a refused citizenship application. You can ask for a reconsideration which costs £80 and there is no set timeframe that HO have to decide, it can take a couple of months or many months. If you have medical evidence, you can use that but it does not change the fact that she had no valid leave for the time stated. Nationality rules are different to immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sad
Newly Registered

Post by Sad » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Many Thanks for your advices.
i had spoken to the MP and after reading the case, They are willing to help and write to HO and the main point they want to raise is the length of the visa given instead of 37 months why she was given only 24 months and current and previous medical situations BTW my wife is disabled.
also we didn't know that once they grant something how come they re-consider it again...

have 4 kids been here since she came very difficult even solicited never told us or the HO never told us when they grant IDL that the 3 months gap will consider for naturalisation...

do you think we have any chance with MP support?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:08 pm

The new good character requirement regarding periods of overstay only came into effect 1 year ago.

You should have raised the visa issue at the time, it is too late now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sad
Newly Registered

Post by Sad » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:21 am

Many Thanks, so you think i should not go ahead with £80 reconsideration?

I want to thanks all for helping and sharing.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 am

Sad wrote:My wife was given entry clearance on 1st November 2005 valid until 1st November 2007.
Unfortunately, there were no provisions to grant 27 months entry clearances prior to July 2008.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.