ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning residents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

VKhetmar
Newly Registered

Returning residents

Post by VKhetmar » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi All,

Anyone of you have experience with returing resident application where ILR holder has stayed outside the UK for more than 2 years?

Please do let me know if anyone of you have gone through this process?

Many thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Returning residents

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Have they maintained a presence in the UK? Have they returned to UK on any occasion?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VKhetmar
Newly Registered

Post by VKhetmar » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:13 am

They have been away from UK for 2 years and 6 month due to family reasons. They want to come back now.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:16 am

May be difficult.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yankuk
Newly Registered

Post by yankuk » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:07 pm

yes, i had ILR stayed away for 3.5 years, applied for returning resident and am back. Does my ILR reactivate or do I need to apply again?

yankuk
Newly Registered

Had ILR, needed returning resident to return after 2+ years

Post by yankuk » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Does anyone know what my ILR status is now? I was awarded returning resident, but it only seems to be for 6 months. They left my ILR in tact in my passport and updated the computer at the airport. Is my ILR status back in good standing or do I need to do something in the next 6 months before RR expires?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:16 pm

If they granted indefinite leave to enter (ILE) as a returning resident, then you don't need to apply for ILR again.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

yankuk
Newly Registered

Post by yankuk » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:40 pm

I had ILR, then tried to get back in and was told to get a RR. Does my ILR deactivate? or using the RR to get back in am I now allowed to use the ILR again?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:07 am

Did the Immigration Officer permit you entry as a visitor? The 6 month validity suggests that they did. If so, I believe that your ILR is now invalid.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:50 pm

***Update Endorsement*** 12 April 2023

The six months endorsement may be correct, if it also states ILE.

Endorsement > Returning residents > Notes:
6 months from the date of decision - if paragraph 19 is being used