ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-Eu Parents visa as qualifying family members documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bristol14
Newly Registered

Non-Eu Parents visa as qualifying family members documents

Post by bristol14 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi

I am a British citizen. My parents live in Pakistan and financially dependent on me. I have proof of funds transfer for last 6-7 years. My 7 year old cousin has been living with my parents since he was 1 year old. My father is his legal guardian.

I intend to bring my parents (and cousin who is dependent on them) to Ireland exercising Eu Directive 2004/38/EC. I am planning as below:

I plan to apply for their Ireland short stay C visa from Pakistan. Please guide if the following documents are sufficient:

1- Cover letter stating 'to accompany EEA citizen and exercise his treaty rights...'
2- My British Passport
3- Parents & cousin Passport
4- My Bank Transactions & Remittance receipts
5- Parents bank statement to prove transactions.
6- Cousin's birth certificate, legal guardian certificate, school letter

Do I need to move to Ireland before they apply for their visit visa or provide any work / accommodation proof in Ireland? Parents & cousin have UK visit visa valid for about 6 months. Would this help?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Non-Eu Parents visa as qualifying family members documen

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:21 pm

The question is not whether remittance is being provided, but whether having regards to their circumstances, the remittances is necessary in order for them to meet their essential needs in the country from which they are arriving.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bristol14
Newly Registered

Post by bristol14 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Obie wrote:The question is not whether remittance is being provided, but whether having regards to their circumstances, the remittances is necessary in order for them to meet their essential needs in the country from which they are arriving.
Do I just need to provide proof of relationship or proof of dependency as well? They don't work in Pakistan.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:57 pm

For Parents, proof of dependency is required. For children under 21, no evidence of dependency is required.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors