ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indicative Visa fees for 2015/16

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

viktorscott
Newly Registered

Re: Indicative Visa fees for 2015/16

Post by viktorscott » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:54 pm

It's the time of another year that UK home office is increasing its visa fees. I don't remember how many years they've been doing this, but as a foreigner who has settled in this country, and contributed his expertise and skills at some of his best years to this country, I cannot help to have a look at the new 2016 fees home office is proposing.

Shock, shock.. the spouse visa and settlement visa fee has gone so high... I wonder how many family will suffer again, will have to stay separate, will empty all their savings for a stamp on their passport, maybe only valid for next a few years. I can only say: this country is getting ugly, far from what I used to think of when I first came.

While I agree a political target is needed to control immigrant, it should be preventing new ones from coming in, or persuading foreign students not to stay. But please don't punish whom is already here, worked for a few years and paid their taxes. They may just bought their first house, had their first baby. Asking them to leave is like pulling young plants out of the pot they just get used to, how cruel! Before I came to this country, I heard that family value is embraced here, but now Home Office is denying this value under the name of government!

Two thousand years ago at an eastern kingdom, its king tried very hard looking for a best horse in his kingdom, but couldn't find it for three years. Three years later his servant found the dead horse's bone. The king is angry. But the servant said to him that if the king is willing to pay 500 golds for the bone, he will get another best horse. The king took the suggestion, and someone did arrive at the palace, with his best horse. Why? The horse owner said that if the king cherish the horse bone, he will take care of his horse too. 10 years ago I came to this country thought I am the horse bone, now I believe I have wasted my time, what about you – foreign born people in this country?

When terrorist attached Paris, I condemn them; When terrorist attached anywhere, I condemn them. I pray for all the victims and couldn't tolerate any violence. But I believe the home office's action should take some responsibility if we are attacked some time in the future. A very simple reason: if you don't want somebody to be here, don't take them in; if you took them here, treat them fair. I believe most people are born kind, but the evil side can turn up if they are treated unfairly, as a human nature. Shall we only condemn the evil behaviour, or shall we also be aware of what aroused the evil behaviour?

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 am

viktorscott wrote:It's the time of another year that UK home office is increasing its visa fees. I don't remember how many years they've been doing this, but as a foreigner who has settled in this country, and contributed his expertise and skills at some of his best years to this country, I cannot help to have a look at the new 2016 fees home office is proposing.

Shock, shock.. the spouse visa and settlement visa fee has gone so high... I wonder how many family will suffer again, will have to stay separate, will empty all their savings for a stamp on their passport, maybe only valid for next a few years. I can only say: this country is getting ugly, far from what I used to think of when I first came.

While I agree a political target is needed to control immigrant, it should be preventing new ones from coming in, or persuading foreign students not to stay. But please don't punish whom is already here, worked for a few years and paid their taxes. They may just bought their first house, had their first baby. Asking them to leave is like pulling young plants out of the pot they just get used to, how cruel! Before I came to this country, I heard that family value is embraced here, but now Home Office is denying this value under the name of government!

Two thousand years ago at an eastern kingdom, its king tried very hard looking for a best horse in his kingdom, but couldn't find it for three years. Three years later his servant found the dead horse's bone. The king is angry. But the servant said to him that if the king is willing to pay 500 golds for the bone, he will get another best horse. The king took the suggestion, and someone did arrive at the palace, with his best horse. Why? The horse owner said that if the king cherish the horse bone, he will take care of his horse too. 10 years ago I came to this country thought I am the horse bone, now I believe I have wasted my time, what about you – foreign born people in this country?

When terrorist attached Paris, I condemn them; When terrorist attached anywhere, I condemn them. I pray for all the victims and couldn't tolerate any violence. But I believe the home office's action should take some responsibility if we are attacked some time in the future. A very simple reason: if you don't want somebody to be here, don't take them in; if you took them here, treat them fair. I believe most people are born kind, but the evil side can turn up if they are treated unfairly, as a human nature. Shall we only condemn the evil behaviour, or shall we also be aware of what aroused the evil behaviour?

pure gem!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.