ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for flrfp

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

niggetsiddiq
Newly Registered

applying for flrfp

Post by niggetsiddiq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:19 am

i was student here in UK, my student visa expires on 30th of october 2014, due to some reason i couldn't renew my visa, but in 27 days time i had sent the application of flrfp (further leave to remain on partner) to uk visa and immigrations on 27 th of november 2014, in april 2015 they returned my application and said its invalid after that due to some issues i couldn't put any application till now but now i am applying for public inquiry office on same application for flrfp, i have booked the appointment for cardiff public inquiry office kindly please give me any advice which i should keep in mind, i will highly appreciate your help.

secret.simon

Re: applying for flrfp

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:46 am

What are the grounds for your FLR(FP)?

Do you have family in the UK? If so, what is their relationship to you? What personal life have you built up in the UK that prevents you from leaving?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:56 am

An FLR(FP application won't be decided at a Premium Service Centre. The PSC case workers simply don't have the level of authority to deal with any applications that aren't 100% straightforward. At best it will be referred to a senior case worker, joining the postal queue at the premium fee...or it will be rejected on the day and you will lose your application fee. Apply by post.
Read through this link and you will see who can't apply in person: https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... he-service
Included in the list is: someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

niggetsiddiq
Newly Registered

Post by niggetsiddiq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:52 pm

secret.simon wrote:What are the grounds for your FLR(FP)?

Do you have family in the UK? If so, what is their relationship to you? What personal life have you built up in the UK that prevents you from leaving?

i have wife she is separated from her ex-husband but one son of 2 years old is with us, and we are in relation since more than 20 months

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:56 pm

What is her immigration status and that of the 2 year old (assuming it is your child)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:59 pm

CR001 wrote:What is her immigration status and that of the 2 year old (assuming it is your child)?
Also, under British law she can't be your wife if she is still married to someone else. If you've only been in a relationship for 20 months and the child is 2 years old, it doesn't appear that you could be his biological father. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

niggetsiddiq
Newly Registered

Post by niggetsiddiq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:01 pm

CR001 wrote:What is her immigration status and that of the 2 year old (assuming it is your child)?
she is british born and we are in relation since more than 20 months living together as civil partners

niggetsiddiq
Newly Registered

Post by niggetsiddiq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Casa wrote:
Also, under British law she can't be your wife if she is still married to someone else. If you've only been in a relationship for 20 months and the child is 2 years old, it doesn't appear that you could be his biological father. :|
yes i am not biological father but 1. she wasn't married to that person she was in relation that guy is also british national but now locked up due to some reasons since more than 2 years,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Is she divorced?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:05 pm

niggetsiddiq wrote:
she is british born and we are in relation since more than 20 months living together as civil partners
A civil partnership is for couple who aren't of the same gender...which I guess doesn't apply to you. I assume you mean 'unmarried partners'. As far as UK Immigration rules are concerned, you only qualify for an Unmarried Partnership application when you have been living in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for a minimum of 24 months, with the documented evidence (joint finance/tenancy/mortgage etc) to support this.

Under what circumstances are you applying for FLR(FP)? I haven't seen anything yet which suggests you qualify. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

niggetsiddiq
Newly Registered

Post by niggetsiddiq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:05 pm

CR001 wrote:Is she divorced?
she was not married he was just like bf they gone physical and had a child after few months of baby born he got locked up,

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:08 pm

niggetsiddiq wrote:
she was not married he was just like bf they gone physical and had a child after few months of baby born he got locked up,
Then why did you post "ex-husband" :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

niggetsiddiq
Newly Registered

Post by niggetsiddiq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Casa wrote:
niggetsiddiq wrote:
Then why did you post "ex-husband" :?:
Sorry about that its typing mistake

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Casa wrote:
niggetsiddiq wrote:
A civil partnership is for couple who aren't of the same gender...which I guess doesn't apply to you. I assume you mean 'unmarried partners'. As far as UK Immigration rules are concerned, you only qualify for for an Unmarried Partnership application when you have been living in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for a minimum of 24 months, with the documented evidence (joint finance/tenancy/mortgage etc) to support this.

Under what circumstances are you applying for FLR(FP)? I haven't seen anything yet which suggests you qualify. :?
You haven't explained under what reason you are claiming you have a valid FLR(FP) application? You don'y qualify as a partner or a parent.
(Casa, not CR001)