ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General dependent work options

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pree247
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier2 General dependent work options

Post by Pree247 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:45 pm

I know as per the UK visa guidelines Tier2 dependents does not need sponsorship to work.
But I have heard that's not the reality companies do not prefer Tier2 General dependent visa holders. Is that true?

I am on Tier2 General visa for 5 years and my husband will be joining me this month, please guide on the Tier 2 General Dependent job opportunities.

Regards,
Pree

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 General dependent work options

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Tier 2 Dependents can do any work except doctor/dentist in training.

Companies are able to employ anyone who has the right to work (Tier 2 Dep, spouse settlement, Ancestral visa), so what you 'have heard' is not necessarily accurate.

For job opportunities, he will have to get an NI number first and then look at the agencies/companies based on his skills and experience.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pree247
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Pree247 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:16 pm

That helps Char..

vinit_tyagi
Newly Registered

Post by vinit_tyagi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Pree247 wrote:I know as per the UK visa guidelines Tier2 dependents does not need sponsorship to work.
But I have heard that's not the reality companies do not prefer Tier2 General dependent visa holders. Is that true?

I am on Tier2 General visa for 5 years and my husband will be joining me this month, please guide on the Tier 2 General Dependent job opportunities.

Regards,
Pree

If you are on Tier 2 General visa for 5 years then why don't you go for ILR. You and your dependent will be free to work anything you like. :)

Pree247
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Pree247 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Thanks for the reply vinit_tyagi.
I have recently entered the country (Sep 2015) so need to wait till Sep 2020 to apply for ILR.
Am I eligible to apply for ILR in 2020 provided i have the same job (meeting minimum salary requirement)? I have read MAC is changing rules frequently so not sure if i will be able to apply for ILR at the end of 5 yrs.

Rgds,
Pree