ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about getting a work Permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tina_44
Newly Registered

about getting a work Permit

Post by tina_44 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:19 pm

HI Everybody.

I have a question regarding a work perkmit. I am phd student from a non-nationa country. My husband (from a non-national country too) is dependant on my visa and is working full time. Since June last year he got involved withn a selection process looking after 25 engineering positions for a multinational Company based on Sweeden. 650 people applied for these positions. He got one postion and will be starting woring for this company based on UK.

My question is Can he apply for a work permit regarding that the selection process took 9 months and was advertised throught Europe and UK?. If yes, Does he need to leave UK and apply from our country of origin?. If not what is the easier way to apply for a work permit?.

And finally, if appying for the work permit is viable, Can I become dependant on his work permit?

Thanks for any light,

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: about getting a work Permit

Post by Chess » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:26 pm

My question is Can he apply for a work permit regarding that the selection process took 9 months and was advertised throught Europe and UK?.
No, the employer would have to apply for the workpermit. depending on whether the job is a Tier 1 or Tier 2 occupation - different procedures will be required
If yes, Does he need to leave UK and apply from our country of origin?. If not what is the easier way to apply for a work permit?.
Nowadays, incountry switching (other than visitor) to work permit is allowed
And finally, if appying for the work permit is viable, Can I become dependant on his work permit?

You can ofcourse become a depedant

Here are my questions..

1) Why doesnt your husband apply for HSMP if he is eligible - it will go along way in solving any future problems...

2)What are your plans when you finish your PhD - is it funded by your 'home' government.?...

Good Luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

tina_44
Newly Registered

Regarding work permit

Post by tina_44 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:55 pm

Dear Chess

Thanks for your quick reply. The answer to your questions:

1. Regarding to HSM.P We havent comtemplated this possibility. My husband has a UK master degree and he scored 70 points. So Do you think is easier to apply to HSMP rather than a work permit?.

2. My phd scholarship comes from a UK University so I dont need to go back to my country. My plan is to working in UK after finishing it in 2 year time.

What we plan to do is to start counting time for the leave to remaind before I finish my phd. I gues my husband can start working in his new pos and apply to the HSMP at any time.

Thanks for your information and help,