ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Source of income in home country

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mairah
Newly Registered

Source of income in home country

Post by Mairah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post.

I am planning to apply for Tier 4 student general from India.
I own a business in India, which is directly related to the course i am going to undertake in the UK, my question is;
Showing business under my parents name would be a good idea or under my own name?

My concern is if I show business under my own name they might raise the question that while doing the business I would not take my studies seriously thereby refusing me for not being a genuine student.
I've been refused once under para 245ZV(K). which I believe was unreasonable, the decision was wrong.

Please if someone could list down advantages and disadvantages of both with regard of tier 4 application, i will be grateful to them..

Thanks & Regards

noajthan

Re: Source of income in home country

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Mairah wrote:Hi everyone,

This is my first post.

I own a business in India, which is directly related to the course i am going to undertake in the UK, my question is;
Showing business under my parents name would be a good idea or under my own name?

My concern is if I show business under my own name they might raise the question that while doing the business I would not take my studies seriously thereby refusing me for not being a genuine student.
I've been refused once under para 245ZV(K). which I believe was unreasonable, the decision was wrong.

Please if someone could list down advantages and disadvantages of both with regard of tier 4 application, i will be grateful to them..

Thanks & Regards
Unless you are all joint owners there must be only 1 owner of this business.

Suggest your mindset & approach to this should be: how to best represent yourself both cogently & honestly;
rather than thinking of ways to 'game' the system.

There is a big advantage to representing material facts honestly, completely and clearly.

There is a big disadvantage to concealing or misrepresenting material or, for that matter, any facts.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mairah
Newly Registered

Post by Mairah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:09 pm

noajthan wrote:

This is my first post.

Thanks & Regards
Unless you are all joint owners there must be only 1 owner of this business.

Suggest your mindset & approach to this should be: how to best represent yourself both cogently & honestly;
rather than thinking of ways to 'game' the system.

There is a big advantage to representing material facts honestly, completely and clearly.

There is a big disadvantage to concealing or misrepresenting material or, for that matter, any facts.
Nobody is up for games here, ur prob if u r getting it wrong.

The business is genuine, Only thing is that, I can transfer the ownership of the business to someone else, it happens legally.

I'm just asking weather they object if i keep the business on my name, at the same time applying for student visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:25 pm

This is my first post.

Thanks & Regards
Just be truthful, shifting ownerships about in this manner is bound to set the alarms bells ringing at UKVI, just like moving money about does, etc.

Don't try to second-guess, you won't win....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Mairah wrote:Nobody is up for games here, ur prob if u r getting it wrong.

The business is genuine, Only thing is that, I can transfer the ownership of the business to someone else, it happens legally.

I'm just asking weather they object if i keep the business on my name, at the same time applying for student visa.
btw - I meant game in this context, not the literal meaning:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaming_the_system

If all above board then all well & good.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mairah
Newly Registered

Re: Ownership

Post by Mairah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 pm

noajthan wrote:
btw - I meant game in this context, not the literal meaning:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaming_the_system

If all above board then all well & good.
Thanks anyway,
Its because of the subject i chose for this post, people are getting it wrong, i think :D

Mairah
Newly Registered

Post by Mairah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Just be truthful, shifting ownerships about in this manner is bound to set the alarms bells ringing at UKVI, just like moving money about does, etc.

Don't try to second-guess, you won't win....
How are they suppose to know I have shifted ownership?
They don't know the existence of this business yet. I have not mentioned it at that time when i made my previous application.

P.S I've been refused on different grounds.