ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice to Sponsor Parents on Permanent Basis

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roddy1984

Need Advice to Sponsor Parents on Permanent Basis

Post by roddy1984 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:24 am

I got Irish citizenship 3 months ago. I want to bring my parents in Ireland on permanent basis. I am fully aware that it,s nearly impossible to sponsor them here in Ireland on permanent basis, as I am working full time & earning around 27-28k gross annual. Somebody told me if I move to Northern Ireland as it,s part of UK & start working there, I can sponsor my parents on EUFAM basis. And after they join me there, I can bring them here in Ireland. My question is after how many months working in Northern Ireland, I can apply for EUFAM visa? And what documents will I need to apply for that visa? Please advice me on that ....

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Re: Need Advice to Sponsor Parents on Permanent Basis

Post by Hamza2013 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:47 am

Hi roddy 1984,

You will need to exercise your treaty rights in any other country other than your own country. You will need to work, self employer or self sufficient in order to full fill the criteria. I suggest reading the articles regarding EU treaty rights,

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Policy.pdf

Please note UK is planning to exit EU in 2017 and it will not be possible to exercise treaty rights in UK.

Experienced members of this group can elaborate it more.

Hope this helps,

hm14
Newly Registered

Post by hm14 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi Hamza,

Any idea, how to sponsor prents from Pakistan. I heard Ireland is not issuing visa these days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Hamza2013 wrote:Please note UK is planning to exit EU in 2017 and it will not be possible to exercise treaty rights in UK.
Please do not make incorrect statements. The UK is planning to have an EU in/out referendum. No one, anywhere, has confirmed that the UK is definitely leaving the EU.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Hamza2013 wrote: Please note UK is planning to exit EU in 2017 and it will not be possible to exercise treaty rights in UK.

Really. Where did you hear this, if i may ask. I am so curious to know.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:00 pm

Apologies CR001 and obie, I mentioned word of mouth here, which shouldn't happen.

There is referendum happening in 2017 and speculation is that there will be effect on treaty rights again this is not authenticated information,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:26 am

Whichever way the referendum goes (might even be held this year), it will take a couple of years to untangle from the EU if the vote is to leave the EU.

If the vote is to stay in the EU, nothing significant will change.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.