ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married on Visitors Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oluhussain
Newly Registered

Married on Visitors Visa

Post by oluhussain » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi there,

I am from a visa required non eea country (Nigeria) and I got married to my fiancée (Irish but Nigerian by origin as well) on a multiple entry visitors visa. I currently reside in the UK as a student and made my application in the Irish embassy in UK. One month after our wedding in Ireland, I returned to the UK to make my application for the join spouse D visa to join my wife. My wife has been working full time and on no benefit for over 4 years and all her documents are in order. On submitting my application, I was heavily queried by the immigration officer as to why I got married on a visitors visa. He kept on hammering on this issue for a while. I am quite concerned as I called the visa office and informed them,( before getting married), of getting married on a visitors visa. They refereed me to the HSE. On calling the HSE, they mentioned as long as I am in the country legally there is no problem. This is the reason that promoted me to get married on a visitors visa. I am still awaiting the outcome of my application but it is quite sad that I have taken all precaution but this could possibly impact my application. Please any advice if I did anything wrong? and if at all I broke the law.

Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Married on Visitors Visa

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:43 pm

If you are in the country legally, you are entitled to switched. There is no reason why you will encounter problem, according to their own policy.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

oluhussain
Newly Registered

Re: Married on Visitors Visa

Post by oluhussain » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:44 pm

Hopefully, ill update this forum once I have a reply for them. The immigration officer wants me to bring in my University results as evidence i have bee going to school before he can start processing my application.