ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shall I prepare a loan agreement for £200,000

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

Shall I prepare a loan agreement for £200,000

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Dear Members,

I have Tier1 Ent. Visa-200k. I transferred £200,000 from my personal account abroad to my company's business account in the UK.
Shall I prepare a loan agreement? Or no need for that ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Shall I prepare a loan agreement for £200,000

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:50 am

According to the business law, you and your company have to agree on the terms of a loan before you transfer the money. If you want to invest your money in cash into your business and satisfy T1 Extension/ILR requirements by HO, you need to give your company an unsecured loan which is subordinated in favour of 3rd party creditors. This simply means that you cannot personally receive any loan repayments or company assets unless all your creditors are paid first (particularly when a company goes bankrupt or is dissolved)
This is required by immigration rules for your cash investment to be counted towards your extension/ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:00 pm

jafersadeq wrote:Dear Members,

I have Tier1 Ent. Visa-200k. I transferred £200,000 from my personal account abroad to my company's business account in the UK.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:03 pm

jafersadeq wrote:

Thanks
Why have you reposted this? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Dear Casa,
Many thanks for your opinion, I posted it to whom has an answer and who has an advice. If you have an opinion you can mention it and all will thank you.
Thanks again,
Jafer

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 am

reading this answer, I have a a question,

should the money (200k) should be spent by the time of extension, or would a transfer to a business account via directors loan subordinated-in favour of the 3rd party will suffice ?

thanks

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks
Of course you need one unless you want to show your investment as share investment. Have a word with your accountant along with the guidance notes.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:50 pm

n8net wrote:reading this answer, I have a a question,

should the money (200k) should be spent by the time of extension, or would a transfer to a business account via directors loan subordinated-in favour of the 3rd party will suffice ?

thanks
Rules are not clear if you need to spend all the money. However the guide says:
Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a UK business bank account, is not counted as investment in business.
So you better use the money and spend it the business if you can.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:39 am

thanlks guys.

so,guess everyone got Tier 1 Extension has shown evidence that full 200k is invested by the date of extension ? even if it means because of the nature of the buisness you might strategically have to delay the investing ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:05 pm

n8net wrote:thanlks guys.

so,guess everyone got Tier 1 Extension has shown evidence that full 200k is invested by the date of extension ? even if it means because of the nature of the buisness you might strategically have to delay the investing ?
This question is being asked almost everyday sometimes more than once a day here. The guide and rules do not say anything about this unfortunately.
They only tell you what you should NOT spend your money on like paying back the money to yourself as salary, invest in residential property and property management, or purchase a business from previous owner.
They also tell you that merely transferring money from your account to a business is NOT considered investment. I think they seem to be satisfied if you show that you have spent all or large portion of it to pay your expenses and you are planning to continue to do so. I really think this needs proper clarification from HO.