ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form-Section of British Nationality Act

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hello 27

MN1 form-Section of British Nationality Act

Post by Hello 27 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Hello to everybody

I am having difficulty in writing the section of British Nationality Act of MN1 form as I am on Indefinite Leave to Remain , wife is on Tier 1 Dependent visa and my child born outside UK.

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 form-Section of British Nationality Act

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:34 pm

Does your child have ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Hello 27 wrote:Hello to everybody

I am having difficulty in writing the section of British Nationality Act of MN1 form as I am on Indefinite Leave to Remain , wife is on Tier 1 Dependent visa and my child born outside UK.

regards
Section 3(1) of BNA - registration at Home Secretary's discretion

Note It would be prudent for child & spouse to have settled status in UK before applying.

Suggest also review forum FAQs:
british-citizenship/citizenship-faqs-co ... 95747.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Also to add, as you got ILR based on 10 years long residence, your spouse should switch to FLR(M) sooner rather than later. Children born abroad will be issued with a visa in line with the mother and qualify for ILR when the mother does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks for your reply. Today I called HO and they advised me that I can apply child registration along with my application of British citizenship. I am applying FLR M for my wife via 5 year route.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:23 pm

If your child was born abroad, the child will be expected to hold ILR before they qualify for citizenship. Also, a child born abroad can only apply for citizenship when one parents is applying for citizenship and the other parent has ILR.

You risk refusal and loss of the fee by trying to take this shortcut for your child.

The child will qualify for ILR when the mother does, once they have spent 5 years on FLR(M).

HO is known for giving out the incorrect information and take no responsibility for wrong advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello 27 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Today I called HO and they advised me that I can apply child registration along with my application of British citizenship. I am applying FLR M for my wife via 5 year route.
Hi there, do you have any update on your child's citizenship application? I am in a somewhat familiar situation. Hope to hear from you.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:25 pm

MadNomad wrote:
Hello 27 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Today I called HO and they advised me that I can apply child registration along with my application of British citizenship. I am applying FLR M for my wife via 5 year route.
Hi there, do you have any update on your child's citizenship application? I am in a somewhat familiar situation. Hope to hear from you.
Hello 27 was only preparing to submit an application a couple of weeks ago...so an update would be a miracle! :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

happycamper19

Post by happycamper19 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Casa wrote:
MadNomad wrote:
Hello 27 was only preparing to submit an application a couple of weeks ago...so an update would be a miracle! :|
Do you guys really need to follow me around like that? Is that serving any useful purpose for the purposes of this forum?!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:37 pm

You're becoming paranoid. We're not following you. Moderators check through all threads between us. Of course we can ignore your posts if you would prefer us to.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Casa wrote:You're becoming paranoid. We're not following you. Moderators check through all threads between us. Of course we can ignore your posts if you would prefer us to.
+1 or delete them for flouting the Multiple Posts (click) rules
Char (CR001 not Casa)