ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 1 G Dependent.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

atiqueratala
Newly Registered

ILR for Tier 1 G Dependent.

Post by atiqueratala » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:41 am

Hi Everyone,
Can you guys give me reply for my this post i will be very greatful.

I am on tier one general visa and my wife got visa before july 2012 visa as tier 1 Gen dependent, she lived in pakistan more than 180 days and one time she lived one year due to pregnancy. Now she is in uk from June 2015. My ILR due next year may 2016. Is she can apply with me for ILR or she needs extension of visa.

Second my son born Pakistan 11-01-2014. He came uk one time for one month and went back. Now he is also in uk from June 2015. Can he apply with me for ILR.
Third question is there any requirement of maintenance fund for ILR. If yes then how much. Thanks

Thanks

Regards

Atique ur rehman

O_Relly

Re: ILR for Tier 1 G Dependent.

Post by O_Relly » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Your wife should be OK to apply for ILR along with yourself, as long as always extended her visa from within the UK.

Your son, will need to spend 5 years before becoming eligible for ILR.
Cheers,
OR

atiqueratala
Newly Registered

Post by atiqueratala » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 am

O_Relly wrote:Your wife should be OK to apply for ILR along with yourself, as long as always extended her visa from within the UK.

Your son, will need to spend 5 years before becoming eligible for ILR.
thanks very much o relly

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:57 am

O_Relly wrote:Your son, will need to spend 5 years before becoming eligible for ILR.
That's incorrect. Son will be eligible for ILR under 319J or A280(b), 299, when both parents are eligible for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:00 am

Thanks for the correction Vinny. Apologies to the OP for the incorrect advise.

I didnt realise that this provision existed for children born outside the UK if both parents obtained or are eligible for ILR.
Cheers,
OR

atiqueratala
Newly Registered

Post by atiqueratala » Sat May 14, 2016 12:58 pm

I had question above regarding my wife absence from uk more than 180 days to times. Mostly people on immigration board said duration of absence does not matter . I asked so many advisors and called to home office two times they all saying she is not qualifying with u for ILR. She came uk as tier 1 general dependent before 7th July 2012. She fall in 2 years rules. I am going to apply ILR end of May 2016. If she is not qualifying then which category she can apply extension. Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 14, 2016 1:10 pm

atiqueratala wrote:I had question above regarding my wife absence from uk more than 180 days to times. Mostly people on immigration board said duration of absence does not matter . I asked so many advisors and called to home office two times they all saying she is not qualifying with u for ILR. She came uk as tier 1 general dependent before 7th July 2012. She fall in 2 years rules. I am going to apply ILR end of May 2016. If she is not qualifying then which category she can apply extension. Thanks
Do you mean more than 180 days two times. More than 360 days absence within the 2 year period?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

atiqueratala
Newly Registered

Post by atiqueratala » Sat May 14, 2016 2:32 pm

She came 2012 and went back live there 142 days. Again she came and had extension with me in 2013. Went back and live there 379 days . Came in uk 2014 and went back for 199 days . Now she is in uk since June 2015.