ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 Month Spouse - Letter says ILR after 2 years Please Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rahel1984

30 Month Spouse - Letter says ILR after 2 years Please Help

Post by Rahel1984 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi, sorry if im not in the righy forum. I have a question. My cousin applied for a spouse visa after 9th july 2012. And he got visa for 30 months. But the paper he got with his visa says he can apply for ILR after 2 years of provisional period. So hes confused wot to apply for next? ILR or further extension ? Been to few solicitors they said he can apply for ilr but hes still worried . Anyone been to similar situation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 30 Month Spouse - Letter says ILR after 2 years Please H

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:42 pm

The letter is probably an error.

The spouse will need an extension on FLR(M) for another 2.5 years and meet all the same English and financial requirements again.

The spouse will also have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.