ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which visa ?????

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kitkat123
Newly Registered

Which visa ?????

Post by Kitkat123 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:22 pm

He goes, I heard so many horror stories, so I thought I would seek advice here, I'm British and my partner is Algerian. We have known each other 5 years but can only prove 3. I have visited him in Algeria, France and Spain many times due to his work.over a year ago we married in Algeria in a Islamic ceremony which was classed as non legal as I wasn't reaindent for 30 days prior to the wedding, I returned last year armed with a pni, certificate of no impedamt to marry legally, but didnt marry as my visa was late so didn't arrive in Algeria until the actually day the ceremony was due. Do to work commitments and pressure from family to meet him I thought best that he visit me this time. I wanted to marry legally in UK but he can't stay here the 28 days due to work comiemts and his fathers terminal illness. He would only come for two weeks, so to my question what would be the best visa for him to apply for, I heard a visit visa is hard as they may think he will overstay but a marriage visa would be dishonest as I know he would only be able to come for Max of 19, some may say why bother its only 19 days but due to family illness on both sides we have to snatch our men's, well that and I'm fed up of my family begging to meet him, I've had to listen to that for five years. Thanks for amy advice you can give me

Casa

Re: Which visa ?????

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:33 pm

I would suggest that he applies for a Marriage Visitor visa which would enable him to enter the UK, marry here and then return to his home country (within 6 months). However if he can only spare a maximum of 19 days, this won't give you sufficient time to register your marriage here. The minimum registration time is 28 days.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:03 am

If one of the participants in a marriage is a non-UK citizen, the Home Office can extend the notice period from 28 days to 70 days.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:53 pm

secret.simon wrote:If one of the participants in a marriage is a non-UK citizen, the Home Office can extend the notice period from 28 days to 70 days.
I don't believe this would apply if the fiance has entered on a Marriage Visitor visa as the decision would have been made regarding a genuine relationship, when the ECO was processing the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.