ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genuine Ent Act (contract of service with another business)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zimba
Mood:

Genuine Ent Act (contract of service with another business)

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:49 am

stak wrote:@Zimba and @solomdid, I do definitely agree the IT contracting is not valid Entrepreneurship, this applies only after the rules since April 2014.

If you are going for extension or have got visa after the rules has been changed, then you have to run genuine entrepreneurship.

And in that with regards to IT contracts doesn't work if you have Agency in the middle.

If you are engaging directly with end client, it depends on the contract you made with them. However this wont be genuine entrepreneurship if you are filling a position in a company.
This is your opinion. HO can argue that they merely clarified the rules on contracting in April 2014 and any contracting activity is a form of employment which was never allowed. If they want to take you to court for this, they might have a case. They simply need to prove IT contracting amounts to working as an employee and you have no way out of it.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice