ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Yearly Accounts and Accountant name on them

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suvalike
Member of Standing

Yearly Accounts and Accountant name on them

Post by suvalike » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi guys,

My accountant is putting the only firm name and will sign but would not put his name on the yearly accounts....His point of view is that according to ACCA guidelines it is not allowed because our firm has the practicing certificate and we are preparing the accounts as a firm limited company not as a sole trader.

But he agrees to put his his name on the Accountant certificate letter.

Please guide me will it be ok for me to submit the accounts with the extension application with out the accountant name.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Yearly Accounts and Accountant name on them

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:55 pm

These questions are quite silly to be honest. Accountant's name is the firm that prepared your accounts not the person who prepared it.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:05 pm

zimba88 wrote:These questions are quite silly to be honest. Accountant's name is the firm that prepared your accounts not the person who prepared it.
Sorry Zimba..But i was confused according to the guideline because they mentioned that accountant name clearly be there...they did not mention "or firm"

Anyway thx for your answer.

can i ask you one more question about "Business must be subjected to United Kingdom taxation"

what proof should i ask the accountant to provide for fulfilling the above requirement.

please advise

Thx

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:07 pm

suvalike wrote:
zimba88 wrote:These questions are quite silly to be honest. Accountant's name is the firm that prepared your accounts not the person who prepared it.
Sorry Zimba..But i was confused according to the guideline because they mentioned that accountant name clearly be there...they did not mention "or firm"

can i ask you one more question about "Business must be subjected to United Kingdom taxation"

what proof should i ask the accountant to provide for fulfilling the above requirement.

please advise

Thx
There is table in the guide that tells you what exactly you need to send. It can be your annual CT return.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:34 pm

zimba88 wrote:
suvalike wrote:

please advise

Thx
There is table in the guide that tells you what exactly you need to send. It can be your annual CT return.
Thanks once again

Can i ask you about the Accounts compilation report.

Do i need it on a separate A4 page
OR
is it ok if it is within the yearly accounts.The reason i am asking the question is that the accounts which i got from the accountant contains the following information on the 2nd page and accountant says it is the compilation report.

Report to the director on the preparation of unaudited statutory accounts of XYZ Solutions Ltd for the year ended 30 September 2015

{{ In order to assist you to fulfil your duties under the Companies Act 2006, we have prepared for your approval the accounts of XYZ Limited for the year ended 30 September 2015 as set out on pages 3 to 7 which comprise the Profit and loss account, the Balance sheet and the related notes from the company's
accounting records and from information and explanations you have given to us.

etc etc }}

So my question is will the UKBA will understand that it is Accounts compilation report as per above heading or should i place it on the Separate page with the Title "Accounts Compilation Report!

Please advise

Thx

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 am

I am applying as a sole proprietor and have a similar accounts compilation report.
Just one line saying, 'In accordance with instructions given to us we have prepared without caring out an audit the annexed financial statements from information and explanations supplied to us by .......'
Then its the accountant signature and my signature.

Do you have a limited company or applying as a sole trader/proprietor?

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am

Does the accountant have to sign in two places? Under accounts and the report? As far as I know, the accountant's report comes just before the accounts and is a part of the annual accounts.

As for the name of the accountant, a solicitor told me it has to be the name of the person not the firm, but the guidance does not say so.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:31 am

Why in two places
Any document you have no matter how many pages you won't sign on every page
In my case my accountant has not signed or put his name he has put the company's name and signed on the behalf of the company.
I so not agree with your solicitor

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:55 pm

cappachino wrote:Why in two places
Any document you have no matter how many pages you won't sign on every page
In my case my accountant has not signed or put his name he has put the company's name and signed on the behalf of the company.
I so not agree with your solicitor
Yeah, I was not convinced either.