ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Dependent VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

akythaky
Newly Registered

Parents Dependent VISA

Post by akythaky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:10 am

Parents dependent Visa.

I got britsh passport. My parents are handicapped and to help them, I am currently in India from last 3 months. I am also undergoing separation with my wife who is leaving in the UK.

To continue my work in UK, I will like to apply for dependent VISA by means of which I can take care of them and even use NHS for their medical health.

Please advice, chances of them receiving ILR and any suggestion to apply via a solicitor or directly to the home office.

son7777

Re: Parents Dependent VISA

Post by son7777 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:03 am

I would say no chance. I am living with my mom from last 19 months. Separated from my wife and kids in UK. I applied for her in Nov2015 and it was rejected in December2015.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:05 am

The Adult Dependent Relative visa is one of the toughest to get.

You need to prove that your parents

1. need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks
2. the care they need is not available or affordable in the country they live in

The second condition is almost impossible to meet in in a country like India, where care costs a lot less than in the UK. If you can afford to pay for their care in the UK, you can afford to pay for it in India.

Do a search on these forums for ADR and Adult dependent relatives and read through the threads below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 02102.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 35630.html
akythaky wrote:even use NHS for their medical health.
Given that they have not contributed to the NHS, this may not be taken to too kindly.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:43 am

akythaky wrote:Parents dependent Visa.

I got britsh passport. My parents are handicapped and to help them, I am currently in India from last 3 months. I am also undergoing separation with my wife who is leaving in the UK.

To continue my work in UK, I will like to apply for dependent VISA by means of which I can take care of them and even use NHS for their medical health.

Please advice, chances of them receiving ILR and any suggestion to apply via a solicitor or directly to the home office.
Don't bother, the cost is £4k each inc IHS and zero chance of success.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:47 am

I have to say that son7777's application appeared to be the strongest I've seen on the forum....and that's been refused!

You may find this article helpful

http://www.jcwi.org.uk/policy/adult-dependent-relatives
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

akythaky
Newly Registered

Post by akythaky » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:05 am

Thanks for your reply really appreciated.

Just a concern if my parents cannot use NHS even after ILR, then what is the advantage of applying for ILR, I can get them visiting visa for 2 years I think in that case also they are not access to NHS.

Is there any medical claim policy I can go for, as my mother recently had BYPASS operation and father is also old, so just to be safe side I am covered under the mediclaim Insurance.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 am

You do know that a 2 year visitor visa doesn't enable them to stay in the UK for 2 years? They shouldn't spend more time in the UK than they are spending in their home country. No more than 6 months in a rolling 12 months period.
It may be difficult to find a medical insurance policy that will include existing medical conditions.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

akythaky
Newly Registered

Post by akythaky » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:34 am

Thanks for your reply. I did not knew you cannot stay more than 6 months in the UK even if got 2 years of VISA.

You are really kind to help people like us.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:55 am

Visitors would also have to pay privately or 150% for any non-emergency NHS treatments.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:56 am

It's also important to bear in mind that if you apply for a ADR visas and the applications are refused, you will close the door to being granted visitor visas is for your parents the future.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:01 am

akythaky wrote:Thanks for your reply. I did not knew you cannot stay more than 6 months in the UK even if got 2 years of VISA.

You are really kind to help people like us.
And even then visit visas are for 2/3 week visits ad-hoc, not residence visas for the full six months.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....