ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Application on tier 4 & applying tier 2 tier 4 again

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

whabib200
Newly Registered

FLR(O) Application on tier 4 & applying tier 2 tier 4 again

Post by whabib200 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:42 pm

Hello every one,
i am in uk for last 5 years and 7 months and my status is student for all time recently i have finished my MSC degree in computing my visa was finishing on 14 January 2016 and my dissertation submission was due on 18th January 2016 i spoke to my university for an extension but couldn't found any help than i spoke to one consultant out side the university he advice me to apply for an FLRO application this will help you in getting the time to complete your dissertation in peace and also i wanted to apply for a phd degree and that will also help me in preparing my project proposal for phd. For getting admission in phd i need MSc result which is due on 20th feb 2016.
i applied for an FLRO application on 14th January 2016.
now i am thinking of applying in tier 2 as one sponsor is willing to give me COS letter but he is also not sure may be my tier 2 application can get reject because i applied for FLRO.
please can any one advice me what should i do in this situation. i will be very thankful to you.
thank you

keysersoze22

Re: FLR(O) Application on tier 4 & applying tier 2 tier 4 ag

Post by keysersoze22 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:46 am

All you can do is apply and see where it takes you. The FLR(O) route is one that is open to abuse and the Home Office are very aware of people using it to buy time in the UK. Strictly speaking this isn't a Tier 4 question, as it relates to Tier 2. It will all depend on what your sponsor states. On what grounds did you apply flr FLRO?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: FLR(O) Application on tier 4 & applying tier 2 tier 4 ag

Post by sah10406 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:53 pm

whabib200 wrote: now i am thinking of applying in tier 2 as one sponsor is willing to give me COS letter but he is also not sure may be my tier 2 application can get reject because i applied for FLRO.
please can any one advice me what should i do in this situation.
If your sponsor is "not sure" whether they can issue you a COS, they should be checking it, so they are sure. What aspect of the Tier 2 eligibility do they think you will not meet?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.