ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur ILR - English test not needed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused90

Entrepreneur ILR - English test not needed

Post by confused90 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I've just stumbled upon this while reading the policy guidance.

Article 223;
You can also meet the English language requirement, without the need to provide evidence, if you were last given permission to stay in the UK:
 under Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and are applying for an extension of leave to remain;

So I'm right to assume there's no English test requirement for ILR applications?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Entrepreneur ILR - English test not needed

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:14 pm

confused90 wrote:Hello everyone,

Article 223;
You can also meet the English language requirement, without the need to provide evidence, if you were last given permission to stay in the UK:
 under Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and are applying for an extension of leave to remain;

So I'm right to assume there's no English test requirement for ILR applications?
Yes, you already met the requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

OhmV

Post by OhmV » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 am

zimba88 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:14 pm

Article 223;

Hi Zimba/Other Seniors
I am in a similar situation & going to apply for 2nd Tier-1 Entrepreneur Extension as due to my absences from UK ,my eligibility is not due till May next year & my current extension expires coming Dec.

Now, I met English Language requirement in my initial & subsequent extension by providing degree which was taught in English, do I still have to provide the proof of meeting this requirement or it can be ignored on the basis of above article.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:51 am

OhmV wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 am
zimba88 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:14 pm

Article 223;

Hi Zimba/Other Seniors
I am in a similar situation & going to apply for 2nd Tier-1 Entrepreneur Extension as due to my absences from UK ,my eligibility is not due till May next year & my current extension expires coming Dec.

Now, I met English Language requirement in my initial & subsequent extension by providing degree which was taught in English, do I still have to provide the proof of meeting this requirement or it can be ignored on the basis of above article.
Can you please continue in one of your own topics rather than tagging onto a topic that is 1.5 years old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.