ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen's non EU spouse visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Azh
Newly Registered

British Citizen's non EU spouse visa

Post by Azh » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Hi

I am trying to get information on the best possible process of bringing my non EU wife to Ireland. My wife currently is living and working in Pakistan. I am a British Citizen living in England.
I am looking to apply for a Short Stay 'C' Visa and then travel with my wife to Ireland and seek employment.

i have been on this website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

Based on the below point what should i right in the declaration and Has anyone got a template of declaration or statement of confirmation that the citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of your arrival in Ireland.

(proof that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen is exercising free movement rights in Ireland e.g. proof that the EU/ EEA/Swiss citizen already resides in the State or a declaration or statement of confirmation that the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen will be exercising those rights at the time of the applicant family member’s arrival in Ireland - this is so that the visa officer can ascertain that the applicant family member will be residing in the State together with the citizen concerned.)

What are the process times and is there any other information that i need to be aware of for this process.

Thank you

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Re: British Citizen's non EU spouse visa

Post by Jane20231 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:26 am

Hey,

Now a days they are taking very long time to process these types of applications, You can apply under the category of Eu Join/ Accompany Spouse Visa.. But for your information a lot applicants are waiting since June for the Decision..

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 am

Hi Azh,

You shouldn't wait more than 8 weeks max to get a decision if your wife applies for a short visit visa (Type C) from Pakistan to join or accompany you. This has to be stated in the application and she is exempted from paying visa fee.

Please go through the link below and you should get all the information you need.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

Good luck .
Life is a journey.........

Azh
Newly Registered

Post by Azh » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Thank you for your replies guys.

I have gone though the link and i am confused to what i have to write in the declaration about exercising free movement without moving to Ireland in the initial stage.

Dublin786
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin786 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:17 am

Hi Azh

This is template

LETTER OF APPLICATION

APPLICANT: (FULL NAME)

APPLICATION REFERENCE: (VISA REF NUMBER)

DATE: (DD/MM/YY)

Dear Sir/Madam

I am applying as the qualifying SPOUSE of an EEA citizen to ACCOMPANY him/her when he moves to the Republic of Ireland to exercise his treaty rights by working in the state.

According to the Guidelines for Visa Officers - Rev. 13/12/2013 WV1 "it is not permitted to request the applicant to provide additional proofs....regarding the purpose of their travel to the State and their means of subsistence while in the State e.g. evidence of employment, invitation letter from host or return ticket."

The guidelines also states "applications from qualifying family members must be accelerated i.e. processed within four weeks from the time that the application is first received in an Irish Visa Office or Mission. The four week period includes all time spent transferring documents in relation to the application between offices e.g. in diplomatic bags."

I have attached flight confirmation that I will be travelling to Dublin with my spouse to satisfy section 4.5 of the visa guidelines "it is important to note that an application cannot be refused on the basis that the EU citizen is not exercising free movement rights in the State if (a) it is shown that the EU citizen will be accompanying the applicant on their journey to the State.."

Yours faithfully.

(NAME)