ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victims of ETS Scam

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elaineraja
Newly Registered

Re: Victims of ETS Scam

Post by elaineraja » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Obie wrote:Following the revelation from the Panorama Program in January, the UKBA has commenced a mass scale of rounding up of Students who took their test from ETS.

People are being detained, removed and in some cases finding out their variation has been refused.

There is one standard refusal in all cases.

The Tribunal has made a worrying finding that these victim can appeal from Overseas, which i find very disturbing.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... 9_iac.html

I want to get the views from people who have been affected by this, what steps they are taking to assert their right.

A large amount of people would have undertaken genuine test.

It is wholly wrong to refuse the whole lot of applicant, simply because few people messed up.
hi obie i am Elaine from milton keynes we facing same problem since last year ,my husband spouse visa was refused because of English course ,we got married on feb14 we submit our case and got refusal in june14 with right of appeal resaon was ETS English course .we submit appeal and asked to HO for evidence . we attend Appeal hearing on 24th Sep 14 in Nottingham. HO side solicitor had no any proof,after 6 days we got court decision appeal allowed but now almost 13 months gone we didnt get anything from HO . judge gave 5 days to each side if anyone want apply UT ,my husband english course was valid August 12 to August 14 . bundle of thanks if you give any useful information thanks again Elaine

AnlI
Newly Registered

Post by AnlI » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:56 am

monirojjaman04
Newly Registered

Post by monirojjaman04 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:57 pm

elaineraja wrote:i can attach copy of my first tier tribunal decision where appeal was allowed many thanks
hi elaineraja..
please do me a massive favor..could u send me a copy of ur court decision..
im really desperate ..
my visa got refused for the same reason and they gave me in country appeal right...
i applied for settlement but had ets in 2012 extension..
my email is personal email address removed by moderator

Xam

Post by Xam » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:46 am

Hope you are fine. Would you mind if I share my experience.
I applied ILR (SET M ) in October 2014 . After 14 months later
Home office called for interview and asked regarding Toeic as
I have done in 2012. After interview the following week Home office grant MY ILR .
My question is Am I safe to apply for Naturalisation or not ( I am
eligible as I called to Home office yesterday )
I am so worried as Home office rejected his naturalisation and
revoked his ILR as he done toeic in 2011 and His ILR was
Approved by the home office in 2014 and he never asked
Regarding Toeic.
What shall I Do now ???
Kind regards
Xam

Rabilal123
Newly Registered

Post by Rabilal123 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Dear members ,I have excellent academic history in uk.I applied visa on jun 2013 using Toeic and IELTS BOTH,at that time both were valid.I got visa for MBA and successfully completed it too,then 2015 when i applied for leave to remain in uk under Tier-4 ,they refused under the article of 322(2) due to Toeic deception.I lodged JR in upper tribunal and put myself in bi-monthly reporting condition.What would be the outcomes and strong grounds to challenge H/O on this baseless allegation.
Thank you

elaineraja
Newly Registered

Post by elaineraja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:19 pm

monirojjaman04 wrote:Email detail removed by moderator
please check your email or my number personal contact information removed by moderator.. anything you can ask about this issue thanks

elaineraja
Newly Registered

Post by elaineraja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:28 pm

hello dear my husband had same problem , he got his visa on same test in 2013 , after that we applied spouse visa in Feb 14 they refuse and put my husband on sign . few weeks later we went in court on hearing date . they was looser and then after one year 2 months they reply us and now dealing with marriage case and mention that last court appeal was allowed ,,they did not mention English any in our spouse case ,,you can contact my husband if you need more information ,, .. many thanks elaine

Khan15
Newly Registered

Post by Khan15 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:53 pm

[quote="elaineraja"]hello dear my husband had same problem , he got his visa on same test in 2013 , after that we applied spouse visa in Feb 14 they refuse and put my husband on sign . few weeks later we went in court on hearing date . they was looser and then after one year 2 months they reply us and now dealing with marriage case and mention that last court appeal was allowed ,,they did not mention English any in our spouse case ,,you can contact my husband if you need more information ,, .. many thanks elaine[

Hi Elaine,
thanks for u r kind update information, I got same problem as like ur husband case. my wife is British and I have one child but I am victimised by Toiec, I will be great full if u help me to contact with ur husband.

Many thanks
Khan

elaineraja
Newly Registered

Post by elaineraja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:27 am

yep you can contact him anytime .contact contact details removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:18 am

elaineraja wrote:yep you can contact him anytime .contact contact details removed by moderator
Can you please stop posting contact details in any form, this is for members own safety as this is a very public forum open to anyone (genuine people and scammers).

Forum Terms and Conditions (click), see point 5.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elaineraja
Newly Registered

Post by elaineraja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:50 am

ohk i am ever so sorry

elaineraja
Newly Registered

Post by elaineraja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:51 am

CR001 wrote:
elaineraja wrote:yep you can contact him anytime .contact contact details removed by moderator
Can you please stop posting contact details in any form, this is for members own safety as this is a very public forum open to anyone (genuine people and scammers).

Forum Terms and Conditions (click), see point 5.
i am ever so sorry

elaineraja
Newly Registered

Post by elaineraja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Khan15 wrote:
elaineraja wrote:hello dear my husband had same problem , he got his visa on same test in 2013 , after that we applied spouse visa in Feb 14 they refuse and put my husband on sign . few weeks later we went in court on hearing date . they was looser and then after one year 2 months they reply us and now dealing with marriage case and mention that last court appeal was allowed ,,they did not mention English any in our spouse case ,,you can contact my husband if you need more information ,, .. many thanks elaine[

Hi Elaine,
thanks for u r kind update information, I got same problem as like ur husband case. my wife is British and I have one child but I am victimised by Toiec, I will be great full if u help me to contact with ur husband.

Many thanks
Khan
hi i dont know how you can contact him because i cannot share any detail been removed twice .

Khan15
Newly Registered

Post by Khan15 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:21 pm

[quote="elaineraja"][quote="CR001"][quote="elaineraja"]yep you can contact him anytime .contact

Hi Elainerja
I really appreciate for ur response but could u send me again ur contact phone no or email id pls cause I missed out .

Thanks
Khan

honey143

Post by honey143 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:04 pm

@ elaineraja could u pls message me into my inbox as i also need to discuss few things with u if possibly...as im facing the same prob...

thx

Xam

Post by Xam » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi CR001,

I have applied ILR Under marriage in 2014. I used Toeic in 2012. With ILR application I used Trinity B1 and IELTS. After 14 month Home office later called me for an interview in Liverpool Home office. They asked all the questions regarding TOEIC. Interview were held for 25mins. After a week My ILR has been granted and I have received all the documents and BRP. Thanks to Almight ALLAH :)
My question is If I apply for naturalisation will they raise the Issie for TOEIC again ? Or I am Fine?
I would be very very greatful If you reply me back.
Kind Regards
Xam
CR001 wrote:

Xam

Post by Xam » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:15 pm

I have applied ILR Under marriage in 2014. I used Toeic in 2012. With ILR application I used Trinity B1 and IELTS. After 14 month Home office later called me for an interview in Liverpool Home office. They asked all the questions regarding TOEIC. Interview were held for 25mins. After a week My ILR has been granted and I have received all the documents and BRP. Thanks to Almight ALLAH :)
My question is If I apply for naturalisation will they raise the Issie for TOEIC again ? Or I am Fine?
Kind Regards
Xam

shibinvarghese1
Newly Registered

Post by shibinvarghese1 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Hello friends, i was wondering if you guys could help me. My mom wrote TOEIC couple of years before and we received letter from Home Office saying our visa has been cancelled. We wore on work permit when we received this letter and we don't know what to do to be honest. My parents went to see solicitors and we file a petition on court. We don't know what to do next. We are so worried about the results because if we get any negative feedback i cant go to university or either i can't finish my studies I'm doing now and we have to leave uk with immediate effect . I really appreciate any help from you guys because I'm worried about my studies.

London20

Post by London20 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Please share your information
Hello All
I have applied for my naturalization on 27/5/2014, still waiting for decision to be cleared as at 26/12/2015. I have been in UK as a overseas student since 2002. During extension of my visa in March 2012 my application was supported by TOIEC and ESOL.
I also used those certificates for my ILR application. My naturalization was supported only by ESOL because TOIEC got expired after 2 years. So far I have not received anything from HO apart from acknowledgment letter.
I would be very grateful if someone reply me who has the same experience.
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:15 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

waqasaliraja1
Newly Registered

Post by waqasaliraja1 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:02 pm

hi
I apply for Flr(fp) as a parent . my application is been refused because home office said i have done toiec in past and that was bad quality .but my question is i did sat in toiec test but after few days its was in the news that toiec is no longer accepted by home office so i did Pearson test of English and send perason to the home office I never even collected my toiec result for test center and i never knew what happened to toiec because test center was closed.so in that sence i never use it get visa from home office so why they pick this up now. my student visa was expire in 09 may 2014 and i send extension on 09th may to home office but it was refused because college was closed by home office and they gave me right to appeal and i did appeal that i won on 12 December 2014 and judge said to me home office will send me 60 days letter to find another college i wait for that letter up till September 2015 then i applied foe flr(fp) as a parent because i have 8 months old baby and my baby is got discretionary leave beacuse his mother have same.so i applied Flr (fp ) as parent but they refused they said in descion letter they never even consider my application because of toiec issue but they gave right to appeal.i don't what going to be happen in court now .what chance i have and what should i do i cannot leave my baby like this here in uk. any advise for me i will be very thankful to you .
regards

Mahm256

Post by Mahm256 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Xam wrote:Hi CR001,

Kind Regards
Xam
CR001 wrote:
Alhamdulilah you got your ILR but unfortunately worse is coming. During naturalisation, they most likely to reject your application on grounds of not meeting good character requirement And be told to apply again in 10yrs.

I'd advise you declare the TOEIC scam in your application and try your luck

arifahsan

Post by arifahsan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Dear Mahm256,
Please don't give anyone wrong suggestion. He already proved innocent in the eyes of home office when he applied for ILR. For his naturalisation Toeic issue will not make any problem. It will create issue for those people still Home office can't identify they submitted or appeared Toeic exam.
Thanks

hajimax1989
Newly Registered

Post by hajimax1989 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:24 am

Hello guys. I came in UK 2011 as a student. And I am married british girl.but my merriage is not registred.i put further leave to remain last year 2015 27 of march. But it's refused and home office gave me right of appeal. 25 Feb 2016 was my hearing,but it's been adjure becouse they put another case on me of TOEIC. I extend my student visa in 2013 and I submitted TOEIC . My question is if I go back to my country , and put fresh application, is
That will be effected by TOEIC. I do need ur best advise
About my case.

nasjr
Newly Registered

Post by nasjr » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi. My brother in law has applied for a frlo. He has receiv1ed an appeal. If he was to appeal how long will it take for the UKBA to respond to him?