ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goodfaith
Newly Registered

Renewal Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa

Post by goodfaith » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:33 am

Dear All,

I have a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa which will expire in June 2016. I am traveling for work in July 2016.

I am aware that the renewal may take up to 8 weeks. How long before the expiry date can I start the renewal procedure? I am looking to start the procedure 6 or 8 weeks before the expiry date to hopefully get the new visa before my work trip. Is that possible?

can you recommend any immigration lawyer who could assist me in the renewal procedure? my company is likely to cover the cost.

Many Thanks for your help and guidance

S

The Station Agent

Re: Renewal Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:59 pm

It used to be that you couldn't apply more than a month before your expiry. Best to trawl round the gov.uk website for the answer.

goodfaith
Newly Registered

Post by goodfaith » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:59 am

Thank you.

I could not find any answer in UKBA website thats why I posted the question in this forum.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:05 am

I don't do in-country applications so I'm not the best person to answer, but it used to be that any app made in-person at a PEO had to be made within 4 weeks of the expiry, and a rule of thumb was that postal apps couldn't be made more than 6 weeks in advance. Sorry I can't be more specific about the current stance.