ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan spouse Visa application help.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amber6491
Newly Registered

Pakistan spouse Visa application help.

Post by amber6491 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi, I just wanted some advice about my husbands visa. Basically I applied for my husbands visa and it got rejected. I (the wife living in england, my husband lives in pakistan) appealed on his behalf. I went to a court hearing, fought my case and a week later I got a letter saying the appeal was successful. So my husband was going to get his visa. The opponant, uk border agency appealed against this decision and filed an appeal to the upper tribunal. The appeal was granted but ive not been given a hearing date. I rang the UKBA after three months and they said you need to wait at least 6 months to get a date. If you don't they may grant his visa. It has been 6 months and 5 days and I still havn't received a hearing date. What should I do. I have fighting for my husbands visa for over 2 and a half years and still were stuck in the same place. Should I ring them or wait one more month?
Thank you in advance and I hope you can help me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Pakistan spouse Visa application help.

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:31 pm

What was the reason for the refusal?

It would have been quicker to reapply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

batleykhan

Re: Pakistan spouse Visa application help.

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:48 am

There is a shortage of Adjudicators (judges) hence the long delays for Appeals now a days. As CR001 said it would have been quicker to reapply instead of appeal but as we don't know what your reason for Refusal is, its difficult to advise whether to wait longer or reapply again straightaway