ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign birth registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluemoon2

Foreign birth registration

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Hello , i want to get some information about foreign birth registration , unfortunately there is not much posts about this topic on this forum so not able to get any clue , any senior member or any one who has experience of this process ? please reply ,
I know if a person is eligible for foreign birth registration he,she can do that applying himself from the country where he/she living , i have few months old baby born in India, i was an Irish citizen when the baby was born so baby is entitled for Irish citizenship , i lives in Ireland , baby lives in India with mother at the moment , so obviously baby can,t apply for registration herself , so my question is who should apply for foreign birth registration ? my wife should apply in India at Irish embassy or i can apply myself in Ireland direct to foreign office,s foreign birth registration section ? i think it would be much quicker if i apply in Ireland than if my wife apply in India , or it must be applied from the country where the baby is currently living ? Many thanks in advance.

bluemoon2

Re: Foreign birth registration

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:49 pm

anyone there with any clue please ?

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:03 pm

no ? there is no one there with any clue or info ?

tev9999
Newly Registered

Post by tev9999 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Your best bet would be to contact the proper authorities directly.

https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/contact-us/ ... tizenship/

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:58 pm

You can do it yourself or your wife if u have embassyof ireland in India. Theres a step by step guide on how u can do it online and thd requirements that you need to submit. Try. WWW.DFA.IE . Hope that helps. All the informations are there. Best of luck!