ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OWNING COPORATION TAX

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Andrewmaji
Newly Registered

OWNING COPORATION TAX

Post by Andrewmaji » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi,

I have been in the UK now for 5 years under the Tier 1 general visa and I planned to apply for ILR next month. I have been self employed all through this 5 years, 2 years initially from 2011 to 2013 and 3 years from 2013 to 2016. My problem is I am still owning corporation tax with HMRC. This was due to the fact that the oil price has been bad and this is principally my field of business. I am a structural engineer operating in the oil and gas field. Also if I don't get up to the 80 points due to low earnings does it mean my application will get refused and I would have to leave the UK with my wife and 2 kids to start life somewhere else? Thanks for your assistance.

O_Relly

Re: OWNING COPORATION TAX

Post by O_Relly » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:32 pm

If you don't have the necessary points to qualify, that would be a rejection I am afraid.

The advantage (and arguably the biggest disadvantage) of the Tier 1 General category is that you can do multiple jobs or start businesses to make up the shortfall and there are no restrictions, except you can't practice as a doctor or a sportsperson I think.

Home office are quite stringent on checking the tax affairs of the applicant and that would also include your own limited company tax affairs as well.
Cheers,
OR

Andrewmaji
Newly Registered

Post by Andrewmaji » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks O_Relly,
Will it make any difference if you are on a payment plan with HMRC?

Andrewmaji
Newly Registered

Post by Andrewmaji » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi,
Please can anyone tell me if points are being awarded for english language knowledge? I have searched the whole forum and seems not to be able to get a definite information. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew.

PSCILR
BANNED

Post by PSCILR » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:57 pm

If you have scored points for English language during your extension and initial application you dont need to show that again unless you have done that toeic thing.

Andrewmaji
Newly Registered

Post by Andrewmaji » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:41 pm

The points required for ilr, can you make up some of the points from the knowledge of English language? Thanks alot.

Regards,

Andrew.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Andrewmaji wrote:The points required for ilr, can you make up some of the points from the knowledge of English language? Thanks alot.

Regards,

Andrew.
No. See page 7-9 under the following guidance to establish the number of points you'll require & the categories under which you can score these - qualification, previous earnings, UK Experience & Age. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1_2015.pdf

Andrewmaji
Newly Registered

Post by Andrewmaji » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi Guys,
I just spoke with UKBA office now and I was told that 10 points is being awarded for English language and it add towards the required points for ILR.

Regards,

Andrew.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Andrewmaji wrote:Hi Guys,
I just spoke with UKBA office now and I was told that 10 points is being awarded for English language and it add towards the required points for ILR.

Regards,

Andrew.
Home Office call centers are notorious for giving wrong advice and they do not have to stand by it.

Read the document that cs95tdg linked to. That is an authoritative guide to T1G applications, not the Home Office helpline.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Andrewmaji
Newly Registered

Post by Andrewmaji » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:38 pm

How can I locate this cs95tdg link. Also a friend that got his ILR last December confirm to me that points are given for English language knowledge.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:44 pm

cs95tdg wrote:See page 7-9 under the following guidance to establish the number of points you'll require & the categories under which you can score these - qualification, previous earnings, UK Experience & Age

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1_2015.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tg2016
Newly Registered

Post by tg2016 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:00 am

I got my ILR a month back. I paid my corporation tax a month prior to that but didn't pay the penalty and interest incurred as I have sent a letetr of appeal against those charges. This is my experience but again it may depend from PEO centre to centre and caseworker to caseworker.

PS: I applied at Croydon.

Andrewmaji
Newly Registered

Post by Andrewmaji » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks a lot and again you guys are always on point. Called the UKBA again today and I was told something completely opposite to what their colleague told me yesterday. Thank God for this forum, almost like family here :D .

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:31 am

Knowledge of English Language and Knowledge of Life in UK are a prerequisite to getting an ILR.
You wont make up points for English that can compensate the required 80 points for successful ILR.

You will need to score 80 points with following:
1. Earnings
2. UK Experience
3. Qualification and
4. Age

Hope this helps.
Cheers
R