ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for Parent Application and Documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krrish_Raj
Newly Registered
India

Post by krrish_Raj » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi,
I recently got ILR approved. Planing to bring my parents for couple of months who are in India. Would be so thankful and highly appreciate if some one can let me know won the below queries.

1. Relevant application form to be filled ( Do i need to fill in two separate forms for my mom and dad )?

2. Exhaustive list of documents

3.Any other key points to consider

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks
Krrish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR DEPENDANT PARENTS APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Are you planning to apply for a visit visa for you parents?

The title of your topic indicates you are looking at Adult Dependent Relative visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krrish_Raj
Newly Registered
India

Post by krrish_Raj » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi,
Not sure what type of visa.That's what i want to know from this group.
I want them to come and stay for couple of months. Might be visit visa or any relevant visa applicable as i got my ILR now.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:44 am

If they intend to stay for a couple of months, then visitor entry clearances would be appropriate.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

krrish_Raj
Newly Registered
India

Post by krrish_Raj » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:49 pm

Thanks Vinny,
Can you let me know the exhaustive list of docs that are required and is there any additional NHS fees to be paid along with application fees.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa for Parent Application and Documents

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:28 am

Immigration health surcharge is NOT payable for visitor visas. They are also not entitled to free NHS in the UK and will have to pay 150% of the rates (private rates) if they use any non-emergency NHS service.

They need to provide all documents to prove their circumstances in their home country (income, property, family ties, etc) to convince the ECO that they are genuine visitors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krrish_Raj
Newly Registered
India

Post by krrish_Raj » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Many thanks for your reply.

I heard that if we take travel insurance, family/friends will be seen at NHS at no extra cost if it's required.
If so for which travel insurance should i go for ? I mean, which travel insurance would most of them opt for the family or friends travelling to UK

Thanks
Krrish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 pm

krrish_Raj wrote:Many thanks for your reply.

I heard that if we take travel insurance, family/friends will be seen at NHS at no extra cost if it's required.
If so for which travel insurance should i go for ? I mean, which travel insurance would most of them opt for the family or friends travelling to UK

Thanks
Krrish
They would claim through their travel insurance so the NHS will still be paid at a higher rate. They might however have to pay for NHS service upfront and then claim from the travel insurance. If they have pre-existing medical conditions, full comprehensive travel insurance might be difficult. Unlikely travel insurance will pay for general GP visits or usual medicine/pharmacy costs.

You will need to google search for a travel insurance. Members are not permitted to advertise or name companies on the forum. It also depends on where your parents are living, they should enquire there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rajbhanu300

Post by rajbhanu300 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi Krrish,

I am also looking for the questions you asked in this forum. Did you manage to get answers for your queries?

Please let us know if somebody on this forum got the answers.

Thanks in advance
Raj

rajbhanu300

Post by rajbhanu300 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi,
I have really found this forum very useful for different immigration queries. But I couldn't find more solutions regarding visitor visas. I have some important queries regarding parent's visitor visas.
1) Is it necessary to show property in their names?
2) If not, what else can be shown? How much roughly?

Anyone who had experience regarding the above criteria could please respond so that I can apply accordingly.

Thanks in advance
Raj