ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish Citizen Visa for Thai wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BrendanM
Newly Registered

Spouse of Irish Citizen Visa for Thai wife

Post by BrendanM » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi, I will be marrying my Thai national girlfriend in Bangkok in next couple of months.

Shortly after we intend on applying for a D visa ( Spouse of Irish National ) so that we can live together in Ireland. She has previously been to Ireland on a tourist visa with no issues. I am an Irish citizen and can show healthy bank balance and earnings.

Anybody else applied for this visa in Bangkok, how long does it normally take to process ?

Many Thanks

BrendanM
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse of Irish Citizen Visa for Thai wife

Post by BrendanM » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:35 pm

Anyone?

Debaser
Newly Registered

Post by Debaser » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:31 am

Hi,

I am an Irish citizen too, living in Dublin. My wife applied last October with the Embassy in Bangkok and we are still waiting, she is currently in Bangkok. I would advise you to have all your paperwork ready as soon as you marry and submit straight away to the embassy in Bangkok. Should take about 6 months, fingers crossed.

BrendanM
Newly Registered

Post by BrendanM » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes will have everything ready and will by applying straight away. Best of luck with your application hope it gets approved soon. Please do let me know once it is approved so i can gauge our likely wait time. Thanks again

Debaser
Newly Registered

Post by Debaser » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Cheers, good luck with your paperwork and I'll let you know as soon as its approved. Hopefully will be soon!, kop khun krap :D

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:07 pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering if i could get a bit of info from ye ?

I'm planning on getting a holiday visa for my thai gf to come to ireland for a month just wondering how difficult it was to get?

I have been seeing her for about 10 months, i have been over 3 times to see her in this period and heading back there next week again, she has a fairly good job by thai standards in bangkok with a big thai telecom company,

Just wondering whats the best way of doing it? can i apply myself or better to go with an agent?

Any help would be appreciated.

BrendanM
Newly Registered

Post by BrendanM » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi,

Once all paperwork from both you and your girlfriend is in order you should be fine. Main things to show are that 1. She has a reason to return to Thailand so job/ property etc. and 2. That you can support her in Ireland for her short stay.

Visa agent will only give you a list of documents to supply, they can't influence the decision one bit so I would avoid. They are an expensive waste of money.

Debaser
Newly Registered

Post by Debaser » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:18 am

Hi.

You dont need to go through an agent. If you have all the paperwork just get your gifrlfiend to submit at the embassy in bangkok, It should take about 4 or 5 weeks to come through. As Brendan said you need to tick a few boxes and you will be fine.

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:38 pm

cheers guys

Any ideas what the chances are of getting the visa as we only know each other 10 months?

BrendanM
Newly Registered

Post by BrendanM » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Can't see that being a problem. Just try to include as much info to demonstrate that relationship is genuine.

Debaser
Newly Registered

Post by Debaser » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:24 am

Yeah, it wont be a problem once you can show them a few photos together and you have plenty of correspondence and as you said you have been there a few times so its all ok, dont worry.

BrendanM
Newly Registered

Post by BrendanM » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:08 am

Any news on visa Debaser ?

Debaser
Newly Registered

Post by Debaser » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi Brendan,

Sorry for very late reply!. The visa came through at the end of May exactly 6 months after all our paperwork was received in Dublin, we submitted all documents the previous October. The visa office rang me to tell me that her passport was ready for collection at the Embassy in Bangkok, happy days!