ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 early application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amazighman

EEA4 early application

Post by amazighman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 pm

Hello guys.
First I would like to thank everybody in this forum for their continuous help and support.

Im due to aply for PR on 10th July 2016 which ll be my 5th year residency anniversary.
I have read few articles here and there debating that elegible people can apply for EEA4 earlier than their 5th year residency term...some even suggest that you may apply 6 months earlier which seems too early.
I am probably thinking to apply 2 weeks earlier....is that a safe thing to do or better wait till I clock 5 years?

Many thanks

noajthan

Re: EEA4 early application

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:09 pm

amazighman wrote:Hello guys.
First I would like to thank everybody in this forum for their continuous help and support.

Im due to aply for PR on 10th July 2016 which ll be my 5th year residency anniversary.
I have read few articles here and there debating that elegible people can apply for EEA4 earlier than their 5th year residency term...some even suggest that you may apply 6 months earlier which seems too early.
I am probably thinking to apply 2 weeks earlier....is that a safe thing to do or better wait till I clock 5 years?

Many thanks
It would be a big mistake to apply too early.
What gave that idea?

To acquire PR requires 5 years of exercising treaty rights as a qualified person.

It is non-negotiable, 5 years means 5 years.
And you will need cast-iron documentary supporting evidence too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

amazighman

Re: EEA4 early application

Post by amazighman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:58 am

Thank you.
I thought the same too....I am a non EEA citizen
I am not in a hurry anyway just wanting to check..