ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 > Family Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maqsood.alig
Newly Registered

Tier 2 > Family Visit Visa

Post by maqsood.alig » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:28 am

Hi,

I am currently holding Tier 2 General VISA and my wife is holding Tier 2 General Dependent.

I wish to call my mother-in-law for 3-4 months to stay with us.

Please confirm if we need to apply for Family Visit Visa or General Visit Visa as I am holding Tier 2 at the moment.

Please guide me what all documents are necessary. I am listing down the documents below please add if I miss anything.

1) Letter of invitation : confirming my employment status, residential address and willing to provide sponsorship and proposed date of stay in UK. (original or scan)
2) Salary Slip how many months?
3) Bank statements how many months? (original or scan)

Do I need to provide any letter from my employer as well to prove my employment status?
We are currently living in a 1 bed room flat. Do I need to provide rent agreement along with utility bill or council tax copy? Is it mandatory to provide a consent letter from the owner/agency that they are OK with one extra member in the house for 3-4 months? Please suggest.

As my mother-in-law is a government employee, she will provide her employment letter, property and financial details, bank statements, salary slips. Please add if I miss anything.

Thanks
Alam

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 > Family Visit Visa

Post by iworker » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:52 am

there is no such thing as family visa.. it used to be, and that too for british nationals, not for people on temporary leave.
she needs to apply for general visitor visa, you can send her a sponsor letter stating how she can live at your place and all. however, to comply with basic requirements of her own visa application, she will need to provide the details of her attachment to home country like job, savings, etc.

maqsood.alig
Newly Registered

Post by maqsood.alig » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks for your response.

I just want to clear my doubts:

An email copy of all the documents is OK or do I need to post the original documents like sponsor letter, my bank and salary statements?

Is it mandatory to include the rent agreement and a consent letter from the landlord or agency?

Thanks
Alam

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:44 pm

no need of tenancy agreement or consent of landlord.
you may send your letter and statement in email or post, there is no guidance on this.

maqsood.alig
Newly Registered

Post by maqsood.alig » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Regards
Alam

maqsood.alig
Newly Registered

Post by maqsood.alig » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi,

Just need a quick help. I started the application process and I can not see any General Visit visa category.
There are only options for "Tourism" and "Family" etc.

I think I should go for Tourism VISA type as I am holding Tier 2 and not settled here. Please confirm.

Thanks
Alam

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:43 pm

maqsood.alig wrote:Hi,

Just need a quick help. I started the application process and I can not see any General Visit visa category.
There are only options for "Tourism" and "Family" etc.

I think I should go for Tourism VISA type as I am holding Tier 2 and not settled here. Please confirm.

Thanks
Alam
Toursim.

3-4 Months is quite a long duration, have you got enough evidence of the funds. Has she got the leave approved from her employer? Will the employer certifty that she will re-join the company after the proposed visit.

As an ECO it will be very difficult for them to digest 3-4 month visit..not that the Immigration rules oppose but this will or may become an obstacle..not to scare you but just giving you a hint.

PS: Im not giving any professional advise, its just form past refusal cases and experience

maqsood.alig
Newly Registered

Post by maqsood.alig » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:29 pm

terriblescream wrote:
Toursim.

3-4 Months is quite a long duration, have you got enough evidence of the funds. Has she got the leave approved from her employer? Will the employer certifty that she will re-join the company after the proposed visit.

As an ECO it will be very difficult for them to digest 3-4 month visit..not that the Immigration rules oppose but this will or may become an obstacle..not to scare you but just giving you a hint.

PS: Im not giving any professional advise, its just form past refusal cases and experience
I hope you read my first question on this thread. Here is my query
I am currently holding Tier 2 General VISA and my wife is holding Tier 2 General Dependent.

I wish to call my mother-in-law for 3-4 months to stay with us.

Please confirm if we need to apply for Family Visit Visa or General Visit Visa as I am holding Tier 2 at the moment.
As I cannot see any VISA category for General Visit in the application, I asked again which VISA category should I apply for. There are only two relevant option for me as present in the application Tourism or Family. As I am not a permanent resident here, I think I should not select for Family VISA as suggested by other individuals on this forum. So the only other option remain is Tourism as there is nothing like General Visit or Standard Visit. Please comment.

Thanks
Alam

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:34 pm

I did reply with "Toursim" which should have read Tourism

Apologies

maqsood.alig
Newly Registered

Post by maqsood.alig » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:56 pm

terriblescream wrote:I did reply with "Toursim" which should have read Tourism

Apologies

Thank for your prompt response.

She is a govt. employee and can get leaves for the said duration of time. She has financial proof and her liability back to her home at India, in terms of job, home, family etc. She can get the letter from her employer also.

I hope this should be enough to grant her VISA. Any further documents she needs to add please say.

Thanks
Alam

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:35 pm

If the application is strong then she shall be granted a Visa.

One thing to keep in mind is that on the application if you say the whole of trip is sponsored by yourself then the ECO will take her financial circumstances on how she manages at home and survives but the trip wise all of your finances will count. For eg are you able to accomodate her for 3-4 months out of your finances including any expenses on dependants you may have.

There is a question on the form which asks the application "What is the cost of the trip to your personally" and this should be how much she think she will spend from her pocket.

maqsood.alig
Newly Registered

Post by maqsood.alig » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:56 am

Hi,

Many Thanks for your suggestions and feedback. My mother-in-law got the tourist VISA for six month.

I have just one more query. For entry at airport, she just need to show her passport and Visa not the NOC from her office. We are planning to call her few weeks before, during third week of March as the VISA starts from mid February, but she applied for NOC from 1st April.

I think it should not be a problem, if she is travelling withing the dates mentioned on the VISA.

Please comment.

Thanks
Alam

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:25 pm

maqsood.alig wrote:Hi,

Many Thanks for your suggestions and feedback. My mother-in-law got the tourist VISA for six month.

I have just one more query. For entry at airport, she just need to show her passport and Visa not the NOC from her office. We are planning to call her few weeks before, during third week of March as the VISA starts from mid February, but she applied for NOC from 1st April.

I think it should not be a problem, if she is travelling withing the dates mentioned on the VISA.

Please comment.

Thanks
Alam
Congrats - shouldn't be an issue. Normally they just ask for Return ticket evidence (if at all) otherwise just basic questions and passport/visa