ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR absence in the 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baba777
Newly Registered

ILR absence in the 5 years

Post by baba777 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:33 pm

I have applied for ILR in December through tier 1 General. Received a letter from home office inquiring about my absence from uk. I been on holiday twice in the last 5 years first I went in march 2013 for two months reason Got married. Second time I went in December 2013 for one and half months reason processed my wife visa. Home office is asking letter from my previous employer to confirm all this. The problem is I don't work for that company anymore and that company has been bought by another company in 2014 and this new company is not cooperating. I have got my payslip of that duration which reflects my holidays (some holidays was paid and some unpaid) then following months payslip shows when I'm back at work. My question is if I don't get letter would these payslip be enough to prove that holiday was authorised. Please advise.

O_Relly

Re: ILR absence in the 5 years

Post by O_Relly » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:20 pm

and that company has been bought by another company in 2014 and this new company is not cooperating.
Do you have any evidence such as email communication, from the new company confirming that they will not an issue this letter? If yes you can submit this communication.

And along with the above, if you submit a letter explaining the paid/unpaid holidays reference in your payslip, that should suffice.
Cheers,
OR

blacklabel69

Re: ILR absence in the 5 years

Post by blacklabel69 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:57 pm

baba777 wrote:I have applied for ILR in December through tier 1 General. Received a letter from home office inquiring about my absence from uk. I been on holiday twice in the last 5 years first I went in march 2013 for two months reason Got married. Second time I went in December 2013 for one and half months reason processed my wife visa. Home office is asking letter from my previous employer to confirm all this. The problem is I don't work for that company anymore and that company has been bought by another company in 2014 and this new company is not cooperating. I have got my payslip of that duration which reflects my holidays (some holidays was paid and some unpaid) then following months payslip shows when I'm back at work. My question is if I don't get letter would these payslip be enough to prove that holiday was authorised. Please advise.

Hi baba777, I am in a similar situation where one of the companies have been dissolved and one is very close to liquidation, so they are not providing any documentation. Did you get your issue resolved ? if yes, can you please tell me how ?