ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's dependant visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hipasha
Newly Registered

Wife's dependant visa

Post by hipasha » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:00 pm

Hi. I am currently working on a TIER 2 General work visa since September 2015. I was certified maintenance by my A-rated sponsor on my Certificate of sponsorship when I applied for my visa. Now I wish to apply for my wife's Tier-2 Dependant visa next month. Could someone kindly guide me as to what are the requirements for sponsoring my wife? I have been maintaining GBP 630 in my account for the last three months but I have been informed that for sponsoring my wife I have to show maintenance of 960GBP for my self and 630GBP for my wife for the last 3 months. Since I was certified maintenance for myself by my employer would I still need to show maintenance of 960GBP for myself?
P.s : The certificate of sponsorship which certified maintenance for me was only valid till october.

srsw

Re: Wife's dependant visa

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:50 pm

You just need to show maintenance for your wife or you could request your employer to provide you with a letter to confirm that they would certify maintenance for your wife as well for the first month when she arrives.

You also need to provide evidence I believe that she could stay with you i.e. tenancy agreement which includes her name.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:53 pm

srsw wrote:You also need to provide evidence I believe that she could stay with you i.e. tenancy agreement which includes her name.
The tenancy agreement does not have to have the wife's name on. The OP can get a letter from the landlord stating permission for Mrs X to live there once visa is granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:58 am

The tenancy agreement does not have to have the wife's name on. The OP can get a letter from the landlord stating permission for Mrs X to live there once visa is granted.
I thought of mentioning about landlords consent letter, but was not 100% sure. Thanks for the correction CR001.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:24 pm

There is no requirement to provide any evidence of accommodation (tenancy agreement, landlord's consent letter, etc. etc.) when applying for leave as a PBS dependant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hipasha
Newly Registered

Re: Need to apply for dependent VISA for wife and daughter

Post by hipasha » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi
Im currently working on a Tier 2 visa for which maintenance was certified by my sponsor on my COS. I now plan to apply for my wifes TIER2 dependant Visa but I am not sure how much maintenance do I need to show for that? Do i need to show maintenance amount for both myself and my wife or only for my wife? My COS has now expired but my sponsor is still willing to show maintenance for me but not for my wife. Can the sponsor certify my maintenance on an official letter or would they have to reissue a COS?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:37 pm

You need to show maintenance for your wife only (you should have got that by reading the previous posts!). The exact amount would be in the visa guidance pdf (read it and most of your queries would be answered).
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:48 am

Hi

Could anyone please confirm, if maintenance is required for a dependant during a TIER 2 Extension ?

jigar_shah
Newly Registered

Post by jigar_shah » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:37 pm

yes. maintenance is required during extension also. If A retaed sponsor provides letter, then no need to show personal funds. Else, each applicant has to show fund for maintenance. £945 for main applicant, £630 for each dependent and £945 + £630 if applying together ( which is mostly the case )

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:48 pm

yes.... £945 for main applicant, £630 for each dependent and £945 + £630 if applying together ( which is mostly the case )
Not true, maintenance is not required for main applicant T2 extension . "10 points will only be awarded (for main applicant) if:.. the applicant has entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as:
(i) a Tier 2 Migrant"

read under paragraphs 4 to 5 of Appendix C.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds

I'm 99% certain dependant application for an extension also don't require maintenance, but would be great if experts could confirm this. Thanks.

hipasha
Newly Registered

Post by hipasha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:35 am

Hi. My Wifes TIER 2 dependant visa has been refused on the grounds that maintenance of 630 pounds was not present for minimum of 90 days at the time of submission. I believe the have made an error since I submitted bank statements from 29th September 2015 till 25th January 2016 but on the refusal letter they have mentioned that I submitted bank statements from 29th september till 4th January.
My question is that what should I do in this case? If i make an application for review then how long does UKBA take to consider it or is re-applying the more feasible option ?
Thanks

hipasha
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependant Visa refused for Wife. Urgent Advice Plz

Post by hipasha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi. My Wifes TIER 2 dependant visa has been refused on the grounds that maintenance of 630 pounds was not present for minimum of 90 days at the time of submission. I believe the have made an error since I submitted bank statements from 29th September 2015 till 25th January 2016 but on the refusal letter they have mentioned that they have made the decision based upon bank statements from 29th september till 4th January. The balance went below 630 pounds in middle of october therefore I waited and got my bank statements dating back from 25th january but the refusal letter has made no mention of my bank statement from 4th to 25th january.
Is it possible that the Visa officer has overlooked/missed that bank statement ? If i make an application for review then how long does UKBA take to consider it or is re-applying the more feasible option ?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependant Visa refused for Wife. Urgent Advice Pl

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Please stop starting new topics/threads and tagging your question onto other members threads. See multiple posting (click)

Why did you submit bank statements dated before mid Oct when the balance dipped?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hipasha
Newly Registered

Post by hipasha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:38 pm

Apologies for that.
As my statements come on the 4th of every month and my maintence of 630 pounds started from 26th october when i received my first salary and my first statement was from 29th sepetember till 4th november therefore i had to
Submit that statement. I waited till 25th january as the
Maintenance of 90 days was completed then so i got a
Statement from the bank for the period of 4th January
Till 25th january but for some reason they have not
Considered my last statement and have made no mention of it. If they had considered that last statement the maintenance clause is easily fulfilled.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Apply for AR, if they have made an error.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hipasha
Newly Registered

Post by hipasha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks for your reply. Is it somehow possible that they did not receive my most recent bank statement as it was sent through Gerry's. There is no way of proving that I had sent that bank statement in case they say that they did not receive it.

hipasha
Newly Registered

Post by hipasha » Tue May 17, 2016 2:20 pm

vinny wrote:Apply for AR, if they have made an error.
Thanks. The refusal was overturned