ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Creation for extension on Tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sagitarian16
Newly Registered

Job Creation for extension on Tier 1

Post by sagitarian16 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:09 am

Hi Guys :)

hope you all are doing good. I wish you all good luck with your visa situations.

Just a quick query about job creation in order to get an extension on tier 1 entrepreneur (50k route)

I created 1 full time job for 12 months and 1 full time job for 6 months. I also have a part time employee working 25 hours a week for 12 months. Now my understanding is the criteria required for extension is fullfilled as 12 months of part time job will cover half job and 1.5 full time jobs are already completed.

To make it more simple

1 full time job is 30 hours x 52 weeks = 1560 hours
1 full time job is 30 hours x 26 weeks = 780 hours
1 part time job is 25 hours x 52 weeks = 1300 hours.

The total number of hours of job creation is 3640 hours whearas the HO requirement is 3120 hours of employment.

Can anyone help me please with this query please.

Thanks in advance :)

zimba
Mood:

Re: Job Creation for extension on Tier 1

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:03 pm

sagitarian16 wrote:Hi Guys :)

hope you all are doing good. I wish you all good luck with your visa situations.

Just a quick query about job creation in order to get an extension on tier 1 entrepreneur (50k route)

I created 1 full time job for 12 months and 1 full time job for 6 months. I also have a part time employee working 25 hours a week for 12 months. Now my understanding is the criteria required for extension is fullfilled as 12 months of part time job will cover half job and 1.5 full time jobs are already completed.

To make it more simple

The total number of hours of job creation is 3640 hours whearas the HO requirement is 3120 hours of employment.

There is no information on how HO assesses the employment creation but I think it is not going to be limited to hours of work created only. For example if you employ 5 people working 50 hours a week for merely 3 months (13 weeks) you created 3250 hours of work but only 15 months of employment rather than 24 months required !
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sagitarian16
Newly Registered

Post by sagitarian16 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:57 pm

i appreciate your response :) So if you were in my situation will you hire another employee or you think the requirement has been met?

This is so confusing. :?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:06 pm

sagitarian16 wrote:i appreciate your response :) So if you were in my situation will you hire another employee or you think the requirement has been met?

This is so confusing. :?
I say play it safe. Make sure you have at least 24 months full-time employment. Remember that Immigration Act 2014 removed any rights to appeal HO decisions for us. There is no room for errors to be honest :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sagitarian16
Newly Registered

Post by sagitarian16 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Many thanks for your help. :)

i will start looking for another then. :shock:

Cheers

Kerim90
Mood:
Azerbaijan

Post by Kerim90 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:38 pm

zimba88 wrote:
sagitarian16 wrote:Hi Guys :)

To make it more simple

There is no information on how HO assesses the employment creation but I think it is not going to be limited to hours of work created only. For example if you employ 5 people working 50 hours a week for merely 3 months (13 weeks) you created 3250 hours of work but only 15 months of employment rather than 24 months required !
I had 4 employees.
1) worked 7 months full time
2) worked 7 months part time and 4 months full time
3) worked 4 months full time
4) worked 6 months full time

They all worked in different time frame.
Does it have to be 24 months ? What do you mean with 24 months?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:57 pm

Kerim90 wrote: I had 4 employees.
1) worked 7 months full time
2) worked 7 months part time and 4 months full time
3) worked 4 months full time
4) worked 6 months full time

They all worked in different time frame.
Does it have to be 24 months ? What do you mean with 24 months?
You have two create two full time jobs for at least a year. That is in total 24 months of full time work where your employees worked min of 30 hours a week. You can add up your part time jobs to make it a full time.

shahriar316
Newly Registered

Post by shahriar316 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:10 pm

in Tier 1 entrepeniur route, if someone continue two years as a part time job, i mean min 15 hour per week, will that be counted as 1 year full time job. I mean, if 2 employee work parttime for 2 years, will that cover job creation criteria.
Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:20 am

shahriar316 wrote:in Tier 1 entrepeniur route, if someone continue two years as a part time job, i mean min 15 hour per week, will that be counted as 1 year full time job. I mean, if 2 employee work parttime for 2 years, will that cover job creation criteria.
Thanks in advance.
Yes