ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Make a Fresh Tier 2 Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Temitoba
Newly Registered

Can I Make a Fresh Tier 2 Application

Post by Temitoba » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Hello Guys,

I made an 'in time' Tier 2 application to extend my Tier 2 Visa with a new employer on 16 September 2015 and have not received a decision till date (13 February 2016). I have called the UKVI severally but all am told is that my application is in process. I am increasingly worried over the length of wait and am considering making a fresh application using the same day premium service. Is this still possible?

I will like to point out the following

1. Application made on 16 September 2015
2. Biometrics caputured on 25 September 2015
3. Current leave expired on 28 September 2015
4. My new employer did the Employer Checking Verification on 30 September 2015 and it was positive and valid till 29 march 2016.
5. A new Employer Checking Verification was done on 12 February 2016 and now negative and was told the intial one was issued in error, and my contract may be terminated.
6. Called the UKVI again on 12 February 2016, and was told my application has not been refused.

Can anyone please advise if it is possible to make a fresh application using the same day service when a decision has not been made on the initial application. Thanks in anticipation of your response in this regard.

Temitoba
Newly Registered

Re: Can I Make a Fresh Tier 2 Application

Post by Temitoba » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:00 am

Hello Guys,

I now understand this is not possible as I would need to first withdraw the current application and that would leave me without any leave to remain. I have been advised to simply wait and hope that this situation can be resolved soon.