ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Surrinder Singh via Ireland still viable

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

That Zimbo Lad

Is Surrinder Singh via Ireland still viable

Post by That Zimbo Lad » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi guys! So I see everywhere that Ireland is now being highly inefficient and slow with accompany visas and the article 10 residence cards. I myslef am a Zimbabwean national, my wife is British and our son holds both British and Zim passports. Submitted a visa application in Sept 2015 and our deadline to pursue Ireland was the end of Jan 16.

Needless to say we obviously didn't get the visa, tried SOLVIT and they couldn't help, tried opening a case with the European Commission that didn't help, tried getting a solicitor in Ireland and even that didn't help. The thing is I have dealt with the Home Office before (UK) and it just seems to me that INIS is now working to the same kind of modas operandi- systematic stalling, gross neglect of EU laws and sometimestheir own national laws, etc etc.

So we decided to pull out my docs, apply for a Schengen, got it within a week from the French Embassy in Harare and now we are almost ready to go (still need to liquidate a few things). We will decide between Spain and France on what will suit us better. Guess we will be learning French/Spanish soon as well. :D . I am new to the boards but I have been following them for quite a while (thank you for all the contributions guys your efforts are pricelss).

So for those wanting to Surrinder Singh their way to the UK via Ireland I am now beginning to wonder just how viable it still is and just how long it would take. I mean I have read posts on here about people who have been waiting over a year for their RC, couple that with almost 6 months of waiting for an accompany visa it all just became too long a road for us. All the while David Cameron is pressing on with the referendum and the latest polls showed that the Out campaign is ahead by a quite a bit. I know some will point out that even if the UK leaves the EU it will have no impact on free movement because the treaties are also covered by the EEA but the reality can always be complex. So far I have not even heard Dave mention the EEA which could mean he means ALL OUT.

So yeah I mean it seems for prospective Surrinder Singhers time may be ticking and given that Ireland appealed to most for very well established reasons I wonder if some are changing their tune as well and just looking to hear other people's opinions and experiences.

noajthan

Re: Is Surrinder Singh via Ireland still viable

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:31 am

Why not shoot for Malta:
  • good climate;
    seasonal tourist industry;
    gaming/IT sector;
    English-speaking/Anglophile country;
- what's not to like?!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

That Zimbo Lad

Re: Is Surrinder Singh via Ireland still viable

Post by That Zimbo Lad » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. Looked into Malta not so long ago
however the feedback we got on interracial relationships
was very very disturbing. I know some will say "live your life,
don't allow lovey to dictate your life, not all Maltese are dearly beloved
[Which i do not dispute], or that every country has beloved in one
way shape or form [Again I do not dispute that]) but it just
seemed from our research that Malta is still a while behind
other developed nations.

Simply put we didn't feel that environmemt was good especially for our multi
facial child. So Malta isn't for us unfortunately but thanks for your suggestion.