ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizen Visiting the US - Holiday - One month - Visa?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jordan84792
Newly Registered

UK Citizen Visiting the US - Holiday - One month - Visa?

Post by Jordan84792 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:12 am

Hello, I am Jordan and I live in the UK and I have UK Citizenship. I have been with my girlfriend for nearly a year now, (March 9th is the 1 year Anniversary), anyway from June 15th until July 15th well most likely until July 20th so most likely 1 month, 5 days stay since it is about £40 - £50 cheaper in flights.

She lives in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. Her parents have agreed for me to stay at there house so I don't have to pay for Hotels luckily.

My main question is do I need to get any type of Visa if I am staying there for a month and 5 days again I am from the UK and my girlfriend Wisconsin.

I got my passport pictures taken today and will be applying for my passport next week and will be booking my flight within the next month so I am just seeking information about Visas if I will need to get one to stay there for a month. If I read correctly recent research I have conducted said that I can stay for up to 60 days with a standard passport? Is this information correct or is there something I am missing here?

Anyway, thank you for the help in advance!

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated.

- Jordan

Jordan84792
Newly Registered

Re: UK Citizen Visiting the US - Holiday - One month - Visa?

Post by Jordan84792 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:01 am

Found this while searching more.

Under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP), British passport holders do not require a visa for holiday, transit or business purposes providing they check into the US government ESTA website at least 72 hours prior to departure, the stay does not exceed 90 days and a return or onward ticket is held. UK passport holders require a valid passport for entry into the United States. Passports endorsed 'British Citizen' must be valid for duration of stay; passports with any other endorsement must be valid for six months beyond period of intended stay. Those holding passports with endorsements other than 'British Citizen' should confirm visa requirements.

Weblink removed by moderator

So I can stay for up to 90 days thats new information. I assume I do not need a Visa then? Just check in to the ESTA website?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Apply for an ESTA under the visa waiver programme, costs about £9.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jordan84792
Newly Registered

Post by Jordan84792 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:55 pm

CR001 wrote:Apply for an ESTA under the visa waiver programme, costs about £9.
Okay thank you, is it best to do this about a week before my flight leaves or after I get my passport and before I get my flight booked to ensure my ESTA Application gets accepted even though there is no reason for it not to be?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:38 pm

After you get your passport as you have to provide the details in the ESTA application.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jordan84792
Newly Registered

Post by Jordan84792 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Alright, thank you.