ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has spouse visa been rejected?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dora2015
Newly Registered

Has spouse visa been rejected?

Post by Dora2015 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Hi Guys. I don't think its looking good for me :( Apologies I know I've posted this in the timeline section for India. It would have been better to post it here to get advice.

Here's our story

Online Application: 7/1/2016
Biometrics: 13/1/2016 at Mumbai South
18/1/2016: arrived to High Commision Delhi (Why?? I also had to contact them as to whether they had recieved it or not as no email was sent). They've not even sent me any emails even though we've asked for updates. It's always been us contacting them.
18/1/2016: Told Passport had to me renewed as my husband's photo was of poor quality. Given deadline of 20/02/2016 otherwise decision would be made using evidence given.
2/1/2016: Husband took his renewed passport to VFS Mumbai south. I assumed it was sent to the Delhi High Commision.
7/1/2016: Contacted them via email and got the standard Visa is being processed.
9/1/2016: Asked whether they recieved passport...said Visa application had been 'delayed' (8pm) so husband rang in the morning and was told a decision had been made (6am) and it would been sent to him in the next few days.
13/1/2016: Saw that husbands NHS surcharge had been refunded on my bank statement (Thanks for giving me a shock VFS!!) which can only mean one thing that it was REJECTED. I've checked my statement and no way have I paid twice.

I emailed them on Friday to say why cant we track our application in the post on blue dart and they said 'With regards to your query, Please be advised not to completely rely on the
online tracking as you have already been notified that you will receive you
documents in the next few days .'

I honestly feel they've rushed their decision without looking at things properly perhaps. Why would they ask to renew his passport for poor photo quality? Why not just look at everything there and then and reject it on the 18/01/16 and send the whole application? I can't even express what I want to explain properly because I am so mad....

Any advice guys? Our file was handed to an immigration lawyer who checked everything with his colleague. All 3 of us checked everything was correct again and again before we sent it. I'm not sure why they would reject it. I would be really grateful for your input or advice. I'm just thinking of putting in a new application rather than waiting a long time for an appeal to go through. Me and my husband are just waiting to be told when we can collect the file and passport.

Daywalkr

Re: Has spouse visa been rejected?

Post by Daywalkr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:46 am

Re apply simply..

It was really sad thing to read. But trust me actually there is nothing u can do at all against UKBA.

Best of luck for future application.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:29 am

No one can advise you until you are able to post the reason for the refusal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dora2015
Newly Registered

Post by Dora2015 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Thanks Guys does anyone know how many days it takes for it to come home/ be collected?