ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant/spouse visa for a government-sponsored UG student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uzbmmzunp94
Newly Registered

Dependant/spouse visa for a government-sponsored UG student

Post by uzbmmzunp94 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:58 am

Hello!

I am a government-sponsored undergraduate (UG) international student studying in the UK. My course runs for 4 years, and I'm currently in the middle of my 2nd year. My wife used to be studying together with me, but she was terminated by our sponsor at the end of the first year, due to low academic performance, thus she had to quit the course and return back to our country. Currently she have no plans to get back studying.

Is it possible for her to apply for a dependant/spouse visa to join me in the UK? I've read that a UG student can bring a dependant to the UK only if he/she is government-sponsored. However, in the contract between my government and I, it is not stated that they are going to provide extra allowance for my wife, as she used to be sponsored as well, and I believe that contract might not change. However, she does have enough funds in her bank account as evidence that she can support herself, as required by the UK immigration. Hope someone can clear things up for me! :D

Thank you!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant/spouse visa for a government-sponsored UG stud

Post by sah10406 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:10 am

uzbmmzunp94 wrote:Is it possible for her to apply for a dependant/spouse visa to join me in the UK?
Yes, if she can meet the maintenance requirement.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.