ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF2 5.2 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country,

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

makrich
Newly Registered

VAF2 5.2 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country,

Post by makrich » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:57 pm

5.2 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?

I have been refused H1 visa during July of 2007, nothing has been stamped on my passport (not even application received stamp). If I say No for this question, will British embassy be able to know by any means that I have been refused US visa? Does any one have any experience like that? I am worried after the visa application centers has come into effect since both the US embassy and VAC are taking biometric finger scan will they share the information across countries or not?

Can any members share their experience please?

jd
Member of Standing

Re: VAF2 5.2 Have you ever been refused a visa for any count

Post by jd » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 pm

I think you should say yes and explain them about that.

This is my personal opinion.

Regards,
JD
makrich wrote:5.2 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?

I have been refused H1 visa during July of 2007, nothing has been stamped on my passport (not even application received stamp). If I say No for this question, will British embassy be able to know by any means that I have been refused US visa? Does any one have any experience like that? I am worried after the visa application centers has come into effect since both the US embassy and VAC are taking biometric finger scan will they share the information across countries or not?

Can any members share their experience please?

makrich
Newly Registered

Post by makrich » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:58 pm

Dear jd,
Thanks for the quick reply, what happened was, I was given a yellow form 221g on that a number was mentioned and I was told to check the number on the tracking website. Until now the number has not appeared and I think it will never appear. I think getting form 221g itself means rejection, please correct me if I am wrong. The reason mentioned on the form was "Further administrative processing is required". I think I will mention the same reason on the VAF2 form and go ahead for EC, what do you think?

Thanks & Regards,

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:04 am

well I don't have much idea about their system but yes you can say something like that... and attach the form and website URL... explain accurately .. not too much not less..

Its psychological when you write details about how and where they can verify. This makes positive effect.

I just want to say, if you are genuine ... be open - be bold. You are not lying and you got nothing to hide.. so let them do their job.

Again, its my personal opinion.

Regards,
JD

makrich wrote:Dear jd,
Thanks for the quick reply, what happened was, I was given a yellow form 221g on that a number was mentioned and I was told to check the number on the tracking website. Until now the number has not appeared and I think it will never appear. I think getting form 221g itself means rejection, please correct me if I am wrong. The reason mentioned on the form was "Further administrative processing is required". I think I will mention the same reason on the VAF2 form and go ahead for EC, what do you think?

Thanks & Regards,

makrich
Newly Registered

Post by makrich » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:01 pm

Thanks jd,
I've got EC. The difference which I noted between US and UK is that in US getting visa depends on how best you can fake in front of the VO and in UK it all depends on your education and qualifications (your real ability).

Here is the dialog which I had with the VO during my US H1 interview.
VO: How did you get this job?
Me: I applied through one of my friends in US
VO: Which friend?
Me: One of my friends in US his name is xxxx.
VO: Where is he?
Me: In US
VO: Where did you meet him?
Me: In my Country xxxx
VO: Where in your country?
Me: In xxx place
She repeated the above two question 2 to 3 times, after that I got frustrated.
VO: In which school?
Me: In xxx school
VO: Is your school friend still with you?
Me: Yes ma'am he did his PG with me.
VO: Give me your PG certificate
Me: Handed over the degree certificate along with marks sheet which she gave someone to make a copy.
VO: Give me your full H1 packet
Me: Handed over the H1 packet.
VO: Do you have any photos of the company?
Me: Gave the photos
VO: Are there only xx nationals in the company?
Me: There might be some locals as well
VO: Why did they gave you the photos?
Me: With real frustration I replied, they told me to gave it to VO ma'am.
VO: Gave me the yellow paper and said that further admin processing is required and check back at the site in 4 weeks time.
Me: Is there any specific reason for this delay ma'am
VO: We need to do further admin processing.

After that I left.

Just wanted to share with you.

Regards,
mak

ak_g

Post by ak_g » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi Makrich,

My one is also similar case and they gave me yellow form with 221(g) but the difference US embassy stamped my passport with "Application received". I will be also applying for EC.

Please share what explaination you put in the application.

Thanks

rvag
Newly Registered

Post by rvag » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:10 am

I have had 221(g) earlier too. I have had 4 H1's and extensions after that.

Based on your information and my experience, it it not that they suspect you, they actually suspect your company which had sponsored you, many companies in the US has utilized the H1 for just profiteering, they make upto 50% on employees rates just for the priviledge of being able to sponsor H1 with no other additional capability.

Usually but not all companies are owned by people who had endured this process earlier they typically have no other employees but for Indian techies and no actual business model other than body shopping.

Just put the truth in the VAF2 app, you would have no problems with this.

My 2 cents.

~rvag

ak_g wrote:Hi Makrich,

My one is also similar case and they gave me yellow form with 221(g) but the difference US embassy stamped my passport with "Application received". I will be also applying for EC.

Please share what explaination you put in the application.

Thanks