ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trinity college B1 certificate and test centre

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ozzy
Newly Registered

Trinity college B1 certificate and test centre

Post by Ozzy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Hello
My application for citizenship is on hold at the moment as when I had my NCS app. The advisor noted that my B1 Grade 5 certificate accredited by Trinity College London will be invalid as it did not have the SELT reference number that home office ask for in the application form.He said because I did mine in January 2015 and in a different centre that is not currently in home office`s approved centres (even though Trinity college london are approved by the home office ) my application will be rejected.He got on the phone to the H/O and they confirmed if the test is not mentioned in the certificate then I have to do another one .He also mentioned
It is frustrating as I was going to apply today and I have now booked another B1 test by Trinity college but in a centre approved by the h/o list in Manchester .

Has anyone been caught in this boat?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Trinity college B1 certificate and test centre

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi,

Did you select met requirements after November 2013 in application.

If yes, you don't have to do another English test.

Doesn't sounds right.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:50 pm

zahmed05 wrote:Hi,

Did you select met requirements after November 2013 in application.

If yes, you don't have to do another English test.

Doesn't sounds right.
Unclear how OP could state he met requirements on basis requirements were previously met for settlement (since 2013) if the English certificate submitted was only obtained a year ago.

Ref forum FAQs on this critical matter:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html
- ref Q4 & Q8 a
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:20 pm

I assume OP has used the same certificate to obtain settlement a year ago.

As he has used the certificate, he should be able to tick the box which says he already met requirements for settlement and be able to use the same certificate again for settlement.

Regards,
Zeeshan

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:28 pm

zahmed05 wrote:I assume OP has used the same certificate to obtain settlement a year ago.

As he has used the certificate, he should be able to tick the box which says he already met requirements for settlement and be able to use the same certificate again for settlement.

Regards,
Zeeshan
OP seems to state he has had ILR for "8 years" so that must have been acquired using another (earlier) language test certificate.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1286412

Ozzy
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:27 am

My apologies for not explaining my immigration history.

I arrived in the UK in 2008 March under the family re union scheme and as such was granted an entry clearance certificate/document which had indefinite leave to enter endorsed on it. This essentially becomes indefinite leave to remain once you enter the UK.Prior to be given this document I was not required to sit any tests as I was being re united with my mother who has refugee status.
I then applied for a BRP with the document and I now have the brp as my ID and it states I have settlement for 10 years.
Hope that clears the misconceptions.
:)

Ozzy
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 am

Just to add that the B1 test is CEFRGrade ESOL entry 3 Grade 5 GESE.
it has an accreditation number at the bottom which starts with 1-44...
I did this test in January 2014 in a SELT centre in Manchester by Trinity college London. I doubt they will accept it as 5th November has passed??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:30 am

Ozzy wrote:Just to add that the B1 test is CEFRGrade ESOL entry 3 Grade 5 GESE.
it has an accreditation number at the bottom which starts with 1-44...
I did this test in January 2014 in a SELT centre in Manchester by Trinity college London. I doubt they will accept it as 5th November has passed??
Test now has to be a SELT taken at a centre within the circle of trust.

(Trinity in Manchester, Peter House, is only listed as being operational from 6 April 2015).

Ozzy
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:29 am

Aha I see thanks for the reply.
The test centre I did my test is on King street pall mall court.The certificate says SELT centre on it but doesn't specifically mention which centre just the accreditation unique number.
H/O have said this morning in a phone conversation that it won't be accepted.
So I have a test tomorrow and will send off the application tomorrow as well with the unique number on the form.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:58 am

The rules were changed on 6 April 2015. The additional requirement was to do a test at an approved centre in additional to doing an approved test. The test you did would have been good to use until November 2015. After this date, you would need to one from the new SELT list which came in effect from 6 April 2015.

The new SELT list does make it clear all the addresses of the approved test centre and clearly states the Trinity Manchester centre as being on Peter House, Oxford Street. Any test centre not on the list simply won't be accepted.

On a further note, if someone is relying on using a English test taken before 6 April 2015 and not on the current SELT list but was previously accepted for ILR applied AFTER 28 October 2013, then all they need to do is tick the relevent box on the AN form. DO NOT attach the English certificate with it. This will only create confusion. You are relying of the fact the English Crieria was already met for ILR after 28 October 2013 and not trying to prove English requirement again. Only LUIK needs to be submitted again.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Ozzy
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi
Many thanks for the detailed information.

I have now done the required test at the approved centre and I my application is ready to be sent off by NCS on Monday without the certificate as only the unique number is required and they will check things electronically.
I will update the timeline within due course.

Thanks again.

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:28 pm

WR1 wrote:but was previously accepted for ILR applied AFTER 28 October 2013, then all they need to do is tick the relevant box on the AN form. DO NOT attach the English certificate with it. This will only create confusion.
I agree with you, so the NCS will only take photo copy from LIUK and will ignore B1 certificates and is it the same case with UK taught degrees?

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:47 pm

tier1o wrote:
WR1 wrote:but was previously accepted for ILR applied AFTER 28 October 2013, then all they need to do is tick the relevant box on the AN form. DO NOT attach the English certificate with it. This will only create confusion.
I agree with you, so the NCS will only take photo copy from LIUK and will ignore B1 certificates and is it the same case with UK taught degrees?
I think, it says otherwise.

Ozzy
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Have a look at the new list .The "required document" section say you do not need to send the certificate ,only the SELT unique reference number. Also when I did my test the steward told me the same thing .

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi there ...can someone advise ..I have my appointment at NCS Tomm. . I'm confused about my English certificate ..I gave my English test certificate from trinity college London at the Manchester centre in December 2014 ..with that certificate I applied for my ilr on February 2015 ..
Will that Certificate be valid for my naturalisation application too ....what do I need to tick on the form ??
Please advise ..
zunera